secret_no_03

Cat Island Population Decrease May Be Due to Poisoning

Long story short, they're suspecting that some asshole poisoned the cats and so the population of the very popular mecca for crazy cat people has gone from around 90, making note that 79 are actually fixed and now it's down to 30.

😿

https://japantoday.com/category/crime/decline-in-number-of-felines-on-‘cat-island’-may-be-due-to-poisoning

2 hours ago, LIDL said:

Who tf poisoned unharmful cats?!? What kind of psycho.

Is it visitors? Or locals? 

I don't think it's known yet. Also, it's atrocious, but I'm pretty sure plenty of them were feral and could actually cause a health risk for humans, although more so for the visitors than the people who lived there. At least that's what I saw about 5 years ago. RIP🙏😿

This makes me mad beyond belief... I don't understand how anyone can do stuff like this. HOW do you do this to innocent animals... 🤬

Someone in the comments on the article said this:

"dbsaiyaAug. 5  08:55 pm JST

Saw the TV news today and an old geezer said that he put pesticide in pieces of fish to kill off the crows that were being a pest to his garden/crops. Right. For an island that is known for its cats, you'd think this guy would have known that the cats would eat the fish. Sounds like he's just making up the story about the crows. Sorry, but it sounds fishy to me. I hope they do file criminal charges on this guy."

Whoever has it in their heart to poison cats/dogs hasn't seen a pet dying of poisoning. It's horrific. 

(Or they have and they're just psychos.) Don't take matters into your hands, if the cats are harmful/out of control it's better to talk to local authorities.