Neon

Last movie you saw.

My girlfriend made me watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose some days ago. Yesterday my father woke up at 3am and said that there's something burning. I'M AFRAID.

The last exorcism - I thought this was going to be another one of those lame trite movies about exorcism or religion, but it wasn't. It was surprisingly good with some originality and fun scares.

The social network - To be honest I wasn't interested in seeing this movie at all but I ended up watching it anyway. It's definitely a good movie. Jesse Eisenberg makes this movie. He's one of the good assets of the movie along with musical score(thank you trent reznor), and the way it was filmed. Some downsides of the movie are it 2 hour runtime, which may make the movie seem really long or perhaps like its dragging along. Another thing is if you don't know about facebook, myspace or other social networks you may not understand it or feel much impact. Also I feel this movie was WAY overrated and hyped. It's good movie, just not a masterpiece.

Drunken Master

Before that, I watched Silent Hill for about 20-30min, but I got scared and couldn't watch it anymore. :DD (I get scared reeeally easily)

Maybe when I can watch it with someone else... who doesn't try to scare me off, like everyone else I know does...

Red Cliff I and II - Easily one of John Woo's best movies, if not THE best. The movies is epic, has great actors and dialog, the filming and editing is great and the soundtrack is nothing but beautiful. And all that is topped with amazing fighting, and it looked nothing but stunning. Just really amazing. It's a pleasure to the eye for sure!

9/10

totally agree with OldCheesey

saw it in the cinema, totally overwhelmed by it, the fighting scenes are some of the best ive ever seen in a movie!

Did you see both part seperat, or at the same time? They didn't show it on the cinemas here, sadly.

Well, they're not the best fight scenes I have ever seen, but they're up there. Sure, it's not as good as what you can find in Hero, House of FLying Daggers, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and all those. But it's up there, not too far behind.

Anyway, can anyone recommend me some movies like Hero, House of Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Curse of the Golden Flower, Red Cliff, The Warlords? I mean, I know these movies are different frome ach other, but they all have this epic feeling to it. And they are all a pleasure to the eye when thinking about the costumes, the fighting, the landscapes and so on. Anyone know any?

Gonna check out Yip Man which I just discovered. Have no idea what it is, but it looks interesting.

i saw it in cinema and it was made into 1 movie of 3 hours. dont know how long the 2 parts together are, but i think longer. they made the movie shorter since they were afraid audience didnt like much dialogue, so it was 2 hours of battles and 1 hour of story=p i have that version on dvd, but i really want the 2 parts together

and movies like that, ehm.. Fearless of Jet Li? not that massive, but it is his best movie imo, great fights

and you got movies like The Promise, The Banquet who also have massive fight scenes=)

or old movies like Kagemusha or Ran

Mongol is also a great movie, not that much fighting, but it is really awsome, about Genghis Khan

if more pop up ill let you know;) i also love those movies

Wow, they've cut a lot. The two parts are 5 hours together, so you missed a lot of goodies then. Download part I and II and watch them together. It's worth it!

Already seen Fearless. It's a damn good movie!

Already seen both Kagemusha and Ran, as well as several other Akira Kurosawa movies. He's nothing but a true genius!

Mongol, that's a movie I read about in a film magazine when it first came but I forgot to check it out because I didn't have internet at that point. I'm gonna download it ASAP and watch it this weekend. Thanks!