Champ213

Any old school bands?

howdy kind friends

can u recommend me something along the lines of DIO, (older) NEGA, UnsraW and (older) DEPAIN? I have an itch for that messy metalcore sound that still has a melodic old school touch

WHITEBLACK, Villain, like absolute myself, brodiaea, √eight, Julius, to name a few. 

Anybody know stuff similar to this:

I love listening to harmonic hammock and contrary parade (I also picked up that rimacona album at a bookstore several months ago).

Super calm, acoustic, "cafe" music (that I literally listen to in cafes.)

Anybody know stuff similar to this:

I've always loved listening to harmonic hammock and contrary parade (I also picked up that rimacona album at a bookstore several months ago).

Super calm, acoustic, "cafe" music. 

Prepare yourself for a link-o-ganza:

Help me I'm old.

Old school fan; LS, Kuroyume, Dead End, etc. The last VK band I was crazy about was Kagerou. I really like Yuana's Stereo CK, but other than that I don't really have any current bands that I like. I mostly follow the little offshot projects of bands that were popular a decade ago.

So what do you recommend? What's awesome? 

LIKE: Big chorused gorgeous, melodic vocals, strong songwriting

DISLIKE: Metalish Vk, screamo VK, bands that sound like Versailles.

Does anyone have specific go-to, minimalist albums you'd listen to whenever you are focusing on something important (e.g. programming stuffs)? I am in a dire need for some *different* "focusing music" this time, since I have been too much into these krautrock-related acts (take say, anything Göttsching-related) and some Eno-produced ones too (Penguin Cafe Orchestra). Anything goes as long as it helps me to keep my concentration stable or idk.

Note: I am very familiar with and a fan of WEG/Kashiwa/Ikeda-related works if that matters.

i need me some grinding industrial/gothic metal vk in the vein of pre-MIRROR D'espairsRay

!!

were there no copycat bands hopping on that despair and moody synth sound they had?!?!?

thanks in advance

Does anyone have specific go-to, minimalist albums you'd listen to whenever you are focusing on something important (e.g. programming stuffs)? I am in a dire need for some *different* "focusing music" this time, since I have been too much into these krautrock-related acts (take say, anything Göttsching-related) and some Eno-produced ones too (Penguin Cafe Orchestra). Anything goes as long as it helps me to keep my concentration stable or idk.

Note: I am very familiar with and a fan of WEG/Kashiwa/Ikeda-related works if that matters.

I usually listen to a lot of ambient and (neo)folk when I focus on something special, often instrumental bands/artists or albus with very little vocals. Albums that tend to get to get plenty playtime under those circumstances:

Mortiis - The Song of a Long Forgotten Ghost

Mortiis - Ånden som gjorde opprør

Mortiis - Født til å herske

Mortiis - Keiser av en dimension ukjent

Vond - Selvmord

Wongraven - Fjelltronen

Nest - Trail of the Unwary

Hagalaz' Runedance - The Winds That Sang of Midgard's Fate

Ildjarn - Hardangervidda

Karl Sanders - Saurian Meditation

Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms

And more or less everything by Paysage d'Hiver, but this type of lo-fi black metal ain't for most people at all. But it sure does it for me.

A lot of these albums tend to bore people to tears, though. So it mgiht not be your cup of tea at all.

i need me some grinding industrial/gothic metal vk in the vein of pre-MIRROR D'espairsRay

!!

were there no copycat bands hopping on that despair and moody synth sound they had?!?!?

thanks in advance

One of the first DEZERT CDs has a song which is nearly entirely a copy of one D'espa song, idk it was Garnet or BORN or something.

Otherwise many people back in the day saw BERLIN as a bad copy (bad yes, but copy idk).

Old exist†trace around Annunciation -The Heretic Elegy- or even before that (their demos might be gothicy?) might work for you too.

I search something like old 蜉蝣 (Kagerou) 2000-2003 like Biological Slicer, 発狂逆立ちオナニスト, 自家製フルコース, 蜉蝣..

My thoughts circle around サリー (Sally) or these days シビレバシル (Sibilebashir) so far. グリーヴァ (Grieva) has some crazy singing too but instrumentally they are too different.

Some recommendations?

Modern R&B?

any recommend of Japanese Post-Punk/New Wave/Darkwave/Cold Wave band ?

I only knew PLASTICZOOMS, Lillies and Remains. no shoegazing, or deathrock please.

THANKIE ~

I have been thinking about finally checking out Kiyoharu/Kuroyume/Sads any recommendations on where to start with them? 

I also have a more ambiguous request.  Since probably 2013-ish I haven't  kept up with the world of VK (well really any J-music)  and was curious to know if there were any newer bands that stand out. Also,  any must listen to releases in the past 3 years? Doesn't matter if it is VK or not. Any genre is fine. I listen to pretty much anything. 

One last thing, I just found out that Jui was the vocalist for GOTCHAROCKA and was wondering if they were worth checking out? I really liked older Vidoll (anything from V.I.D. and before)

Thank you! 

On 6/10/2016 at 9:22 PM, bukimi_heishi said:

I have been thinking about finally checking out Kiyoharu/Kuroyume/Sads any recommendations on where to start with them? 

Start from the beginning and work your way up to Romance of Scarlet. Then you stop, and repeat the last step. RoS was the epitome of their career. Shin left shortly after the next album, and their music never recovered. 

Edited by K8A

On 10/06/2016 at 4:22 PM, bukimi_heishi said:

For 黒夢: if you dig classic V系 you start with 亡骸を..., then 生きていた中絶児 and 中絶.

Get 迷える百合達 if you want a more accessible, major-era, sound.

If you dig glossy pop-rock with tons of hooks and smart songwriting and musicianship you go for feminism (my personal favorite). 

If you dig punk, then CORKSCREW is the way to go and then move to Drug TReatment and FAKE STAR. FAKE STAR also works if you're looking for a bridge between the glossy pop sound and punk.

sads:

Can't go wrong with SAD BLOOD ROCK’N ‘ROLL, BABYLON and THE ROSE GOD GAVE ME. After that the songwriting gets kinda weak. Still enjoyable, but not as cool as it was in those first records.

Solo 清春: either poetry or MELLOW, I think. 

7 hours ago, K8A said:

Start from the beginning and work your way up to Romance of Scarlet. Then you stop, and repeat the last step. RoS was the epitome of their career. Shin left shortly after the next album, and their music never recovered. 

And miss feminism? Haha, no way. That's like missing the most delicious dessert on the menu. FAKE STAR is also mighty cool. 

6 hours ago, r... said:

And miss feminism? Haha, no way. That's like missing the most delicious dessert on the menu. FAKE STAR is also mighty cool. 

Sure you got Love letter and Yasashii Higeki that stand out, but overall it's just a more stereotypical version of things they had already done before, without the guitar driven songs that were half of the Kuroyume genius. Not saying it's flat out bad, just poorer.

Edit;  in my of course highly subjective opinion. I think your recommendation of it above rings true.

Edited by K8A

So I was listening to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and realized I need more Jpop/Jrock stuff to listen to with nice female vocals. If someone could steer me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. Feel free to spam me with as many artists as possible and I'll check them all out. 

1 hour ago, lichtlune said:

So I was listening to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and realized I need more Jpop/Jrock stuff to listen to with nice female vocals. If someone could steer me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. Feel free to spam me with as many artists as possible and I'll check them all out. 

i know you asked for nice vocals but im gonna say passepied anyways, because theyre fun

if you need some zZzZz stuff (she has a solo career too)

Scenarioart has both male and female vocalists (sorry for the slow server link but the YT videos are blocked even for me)

www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Scenarioart---Cynical-Detox/6a8b9aa6ef2df2c3a9cf906694647a75

18 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Hitomi Yaida:

immi:

On 6/14/2016 at 8:16 PM, K8A said:

On 6/15/2016 at 4:06 AM, r... said:

For 黒夢: if you dig classic V系 you start with 亡骸を..., then 生きていた中絶児 and 中絶.

Get 迷える百合達 if you want a more accessible, major-era, sound.

If you dig glossy pop-rock with tons of hooks and smart songwriting and musicianship you go for feminism (my personal favorite). 

If you dig punk, then CORKSCREW is the way to go and then move to Drug TReatment and FAKE STAR. FAKE STAR also works if you're looking for a bridge between the glossy pop sound and punk.

sads:

Can't go wrong with SAD BLOOD ROCK’N ‘ROLL, BABYLON and THE ROSE GOD GAVE ME. After that the songwriting gets kinda weak. Still enjoyable, but not as cool as it was in those first records.

Solo 清春: either poetry or MELLOW, I think. 

Thank you so much, both fo you! :D 

Recommend me some good utaites, fellow weebs.

I have only tried soraru, panaman, sekihan and shoose and have yet to try mafumafu, kradness and izu...

but so far i liked panaman and shoose the most

btw i'm fine with female ones too

preferably utaites that already have released albums because i never know how people get their covers off of mylist/nnd lol

On 6/10/2016 at 2:22 PM, bukimi_heishi said:

One last thing, I just found out that Jui was the vocalist for GOTCHAROCKA and was wondering if they were worth checking out? I really liked older Vidoll (anything from V.I.D. and before)

Thank you! 

In regards to this, I have to say GOTCHAROCKA is not Vidoll!! LIke, not at all, so I don't know how you will take them. Jui still sounds as beautiful as before (though his voice is only slightly different) but GOTCHAROCKA is a lot more "pop rock" because JUN composes like everything :// (and if you're familar with him then you know how that is).  Maybe check out Virginity by them? That's one of their best releases. And/Or Gekiai which is my personal fave :'D

Edited by gekiai

can anyone recommend me songs similar to Envy by Arlequin? or tell me what kind of genre it is because it doesn't sound like their other songs

Edited by rshiteifan