Champ213

Any old school bands?

Yeah, I've got a whole lot on my computer. Thanks though.

recommend me something like canzel,like absolute myself,deluhi,vivid.

mostly ballad+instrumental+soft vocal and tune

THANK YOU

not sure that it's be exactly like, but

guniw tools, glacier, the novembers, weather, doremidan, neon, toon factory, red universe, sweet madonna, luna sea, anachro clock, kasumizuki, glay, libraian, halcion and my favourite cindykate :3

Plz recommend me bands like Plasticzooms, Psysalia,Lillies and remains, Pills Empire

(all lastfm recomendations are already listened)

:rawk:

THANK YOU

not sure that it's be exactly like, but

guniw tools, glacier, the novembers, weather, doremidan, neon, toon factory, red universe, sweet madonna, luna sea, anachro clock, kasumizuki, glay, libraian, halcion and my favourite cindykate :3

I knew toon factory,Red universe,doremidan,Glay and luna sea before and you know my cup of tea! 8)

So I will listen to other bands you listed.

Thank you for the recommendations yu-i :)

THANK YOU

DaizyStripper, DaizyStripper, and DaizyStripper.

I wouldn't say Yuugiri has a soft voice, but Kazami composes some amazing ballads. They're an excellent band all together, give em' a try.

Seconding a request for Japanese blues.

In addiction, can anyone recommend something similar to Pianozombie? Especially with similar vocalists.

Is there a Kagerou fan out there that would be willing to recommend me some material of theirs? I remember listening to "XII dizzy" a long time ago, but that's it, I've never really given them a good listen. Somebody want to point me in the right direction?

Yeah I'm a fan I would recommend Biological Slicer(maxi-single) is a good start for this band and the song Wrist cutter.

As for me I would like someone to recommend some non-vk j-rock bands similar to: ACIDMAN, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, The Band Apart, and 9mm parabellum bullet.

As for me I would like someone to recommend some non-vk j-rock bands similar to: ACIDMAN, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, The Band Apart, and 9mm parabellum bullet.

Check these out...to name a few:

tQHM2dTQX8E

5X6aE6qjYNM

AavFayMg2MU

lostage

kzSXzfAcfDA

0PUAYnhCivQ

6gOCz8xe9PU

5LQzAYMV_ig

_8CjVFs1J_A

UUIjIgNUFpQ

hchJdiEh1H8

:domo: Thanks for the recommendations I didn't know any of them and I liked most of them, my favorite was THE NOVEMBERS.

Can someone recommend me some korean hiphop that sounds like 1Tym, Dok2 and Jinusean? ^.^

Could someone recommend me some good Kpop songs that are a bit like Super Junior's BONAMANA and ShinEE's Lucifer/Ring Ding Dong? I'm not that big on KPOP but those are songs I like.

Can someone recommend me some korean hiphop that sounds like 1Tym, Dok2 and Jinusean? ^.^

5PfHhFbd84A

Any good?

Could someone recommend me some good Kpop songs that are a bit like Super Junior's BONAMANA and ShinEE's Lucifer/Ring Ding Dong? I'm not that big on KPOP but those are songs I like.

B2ST-Beautiful

The short version: I'm looking for suggestions on what to play for a gothic/industrial/darkwave/EBM/cyber type crowd in a club. It should be dancable. If the song has a suitable video, so much the better.

The TL;DR version: My friend Sophie's (Phylosophie @ LJ) brother has been given the chance to basically take over iNation, which is, as mentioned a goth/industrial/etc. weekly club event (and the biggest one in the area) for a night in March as a "Geek Pride" celebration to cover all manner of things geek-like, including suck things as video games, anime, and Japanese music and culture. As her brother knows jack shit about Japanese music, he's pretty much dumped that off on her to handle. She and I have been trying to figure out what to pick and play and we're having a hard time with it from the fact that trying to cater to the individual tastes of 100+ (an average iNation attendance exclusive of special events) people is a pain in the ass and this crowd is quite vocal about what they do and do not like. Not to mention that of the three regular DJs, only one has had any association with Jrock/VK and that's been very limited (though she has expressed an interest in hearing more).

So I'm hoping that the good denizens of TW can help us come up with some suggestions on what to play. Since everything is still in the planning stages I don't know how much air time will be dedicated to j-stuff, but we can deal with that later. Artists AND specific songs would be really helpful. Most of all, thanks for any help! =D

The short version: I'm looking for suggestions on what to play for a gothic/industrial/darkwave/EBM/cyber type crowd in a club. It should be dancable. If the song has a suitable video, so much the better.

I think you should check DeathWatchAsia's two compilations, Dark Waters - Musical Undercurrents From Japan and Darker Waters - Deeper Into The Japanese Underground - not only because both albums are a good collection of the best EBM/hardcore/darkwave/etc. bands, but it has also some smashing party songs on it. Maybe you should skip for example Jet Pepper Tower's song, but there is a bunch of songs you can play at a club. I also advice you to check other releases from the bands, bands like Demonoid13, BAAL, Aural Vampire, Sins Of The Flesh, Despair has some more awesome songs. And another fine songs: 2Bullet - Survivor (Terminated Operation Remix). I hope I could help you.

Btw, there are some other compilations like Darkest Labyrinth, or Tokyo Dark Castle, which also has some good songs/bands on it, but I still think, that you should start with the two Dark Waters release, those are the best.

I think you should check DeathWatchAsia's two compilations, Dark Waters - Musical Undercurrents From Japan and Darker Waters - Deeper Into The Japanese Underground - not only because both albums are a good collection of the best EBM/hardcore/darkwave/etc. bands, but it has also some smashing party songs on it. Maybe you should skip for example Jet Pepper Tower's song, but there is a bunch of songs you can play at a club. I also advice you to check other releases from the bands, bands like Demonoid13, BAAL, Aural Vampire, Sins Of The Flesh, Despair has some more awesome songs. And another fine songs: 2Bullet - Survivor (Terminated Operation Remix). I hope I could help you.

Btw, there are some other compilations like Darkest Labyrinth, or Tokyo Dark Castle, which also has some good songs/bands on it, but I still think, that you should start with the two Dark Waters release, those are the best.

I have the Darker Waters omnibus as well as both Darkest Labyrinth ones and Tokyo Dark Castle - in face, I've given copies of one of the Darkest Labyrinth albums & Tokyo Dark Castle to the one DJ had showed some interest in Japanese music but she's never said if she actually listened to them or not. I found them to be kind of hit-or-miss myself and there were more misses than hits but that's only my opinion.

As stated, I'm really hoping for help with *specific* song suggestions, not just artist names. To put try and clarify: "If you were going to hand a DJ a mix CD of jrock/VK songs to play at this kind of club, what would you put on it?" kind of thing.

I would love it if dear TW users could recommend more Japanese folksy-pop, something along the lines of 湯??潮音? Preferably female, but a male I can take or leave. Do your best!

As stated, I'm really hoping for help with *specific* song suggestions, not just artist names. To put try and clarify: "If you were going to hand a DJ a mix CD of jrock/VK songs to play at this kind of club, what would you put on it?" kind of thing.

Ah, I see. In this case:

2Bullet - Survivor (Terminated Operation Remix)

Aural Vampire - Vampire Ecstasy/Darkwave Surfer

Despair - Junk War (Riot Command Remix)

Demonoid13 - Sinister Circle

Despair - Jarring God (The Devil Built My Beat Box)

Gothika/Euthanasie - Delusions A Go Go!!/Lage Kokeshi Doll

Goth-Trad - The Clown/Back To Chill

Soft Ballet - Optimal Persona

The Lowbrows - Japanese Tease

Ah, I see. In this case:

2Bullet - Survivor (Terminated Operation Remix)

Aural Vampire - Vampire Ecstasy/Darkwave Surfer

Despair - Junk War (Riot Command Remix)

Demonoid13 - Sinister Circle

Despair - Jarring God (The Devil Built My Beat Box)

Gothika/Euthanasie - Delusions A Go Go!!/Lage Kokeshi Doll

Goth-Trad - The Clown/Back To Chill

Soft Ballet - Optimal Persona

The Lowbrows - Japanese Tease

VERY helpful, thanks. =D

We've actually got all those tracks except for Goth-Trad and The Lowbrows.