-NOVA-

lynch. New Album "ULTIMA" & 15th Anniversary Project [XV]

81048731_3043891982310991_15625943960403

lynch. will begin a special project to commemorate their 15th anniversary. There will be 10 acts for this project (11 if you count act zero). As of now only the first four have been revealed. They have also opened a special website for this occasion. 

http://pc.lynch.jp/lynch._XV/

Here you can find details on the acts and comments made by others bands.

their new album "ULTIMA" will be released at 2020/03/18 (3 types)

Deluxe limited edition (9000yen) will include 2 CD (album+inst), Blu-Ray including music video, making and scenes of their live "[XV]act:1-XV BIRTHDAY-SHADOWS ONLY 19.12.27 NAGOYA CLUB QUATTRO" and photobook

Limited edition (3500yen) will include CD and DVD including music video and making

Regular edition (3000yen) will include CD only

81048731_3043891982310991_15625943960403

82268417_3043892042310985_88105442943738

[XV]act:1-XV BIRTHDAY-SHADOWS ONLY 19.12.27 NAGOYA CLUB QUATTRO 

[XV]act:2-COUNTDOWN LIVE -2019-2020- at 2019.12.31 at Zepp Nagoya

[XV]act:3-WOMEN'S ONLY- at 2020/02/07 at Shinjuku BLAZE

[XV]act:3-MEN'S ONLY- at 2020/02/08 at Shinjuku BLAZE

[XV]act:4-PREMIUM EXHIBITION "       " -SHADOWS ONLY- at 2020/03/07 at Osaka BIG CAT, at 2020/03/11 at TSUTAYA O-EAST and at 2020/03/13 at Nagoya DIAMOND HALL

[XV]act:5-TOUR'20 -ULTIMA- since 2020/04/18 to 2020/07/18 at Nanba Hatch and their tour final at 2020/07/26 at TACHIKAWA STAGE GARDEN

[XV]act:6 (to be announced)

[XV]act:7 (to be announced)

[XV]act:8 (to be announced)

[XV]act:9 (to be announced)

[XV]act:10 (to be announced)

Edited by Shaolan974

i feel like it'd be very hard for Akinori to get a visa to perform in some countries even tho i don't know the full details of his record lol

Wow, this look Hazuki and the drummer went full-on vk! I praise. Hope the new songs are interesting as well (and not more boring post-hardcore cliché moves).

P.d.: Screaming @ that killer portion of nude upper leg lefting from Hazuki's hot-pants.

Edited by saiko

On 1/1/2020 at 1:32 AM, cvltic said:

i feel like it'd be very hard for Akinori to get a visa to perform in some countries even tho i don't know the full details of his record lol

No, it wont

Whenever I think of lynch, I think of "stale pop-metal". I always listen to these guys expecting some good, heavy-hitting, music, and all I get is music that's one degree of separation from Babymetal -- pop with a commercialized "metal sound" layered over the top for affect.

Fingers crossed they step it up.

1 hour ago, geist said:

Whenever I think of lynch, I think of "stale pop-metal". I always listen to these guys expecting some good, heavy-hitting, music, and all I get is music that's one degree of separation from Babymetal -- pop with a commercialized "metal sound" layered over the top for affect.

Maybe that is Akinori effect :P

Except BABYMETAL is still entertaining.

SINNERS EP (2017) was decent, and they got all these other bassists collaborate with them. But when Akinori returns for XIII, it sounds as uninspired as they were again, something that been going on since I BELIEVE IN ME (2011)..., after Akinori was becoming official member, and presumably finally able/allowed to give input on lynch.'s music and direction? :P

So the answer to this is; fire Akinori for good :P

1 hour ago, geist said:

all I get is music that's one degree of separation from Babymetal -- pop with a commercialized "metal sound" layered over the top for affect.

vk band on a major label syndrome. there're younger and less accomplished bands doing exactly that, and I don't really blame lynch for turning their sound into what you've described.

having no advance hype for their releases really helps digest whatever they come up with nowadays.

8 hours ago, geist said:

7 hours ago, nekkichi said:

vk band on a major label syndrome. there're younger and less accomplished bands doing exactly that, and I don't really blame lynch for turning their sound into what you've described.

having no advance hype for their releases really helps digest whatever they come up with nowadays.

But guys, has Lynch ever came up with something 'different' or 'genuine', or something, not sure how to say it, 'artistic' or 'not-a-bit-touched-by-a-commercial-approach'?

I actually kind of like some features of their approach to alt-metal, but let's be honest, they've been doing pretty much the fucking same since their first release, to say quickly: every western nu-metal/posthardcore cliché driven by the gothic-hypermelodic visual kei trademark that hits the choruses, alternated in the setlist with Luna Seaesque post-punky ballads. That's why I love them, and that's also why I love, don't know, ~10 or so songs by them, and definitely fucking skip the whole rest of their huge discog with zero regrets because, hey, when I say it sounds the same it's LITERAL (God knows I tried to 'find' some actual deep musicianship into it...). The situation remains so literal that lynch is to me one of the best and yet mysterious examples of bands that are formed by seemed talented people, also do pretty well in their bussiness, but paradoxically deliver low-quality releases 90% of their time.

All this said to ask you why would you care much on whether this may be a cool release or not.

Lynch  dropped the EXODUS EP, which was their first real shift into something different and stayed complacent in that pocket. In that time they’ve managed to drop hella gems across those albums after that but also a lot of senseless rehashed fluff. DARK and AVANTGARDE so far imo are the only two albums with less filler and more creatIve effort though. I think XII was a clear indication that they’re out of ideas.  

That album literally sounds like a compilation of Hazuki’s loosies. They couldn’t have chosen a worse time for AK to come back. I hope with him settled into the band now, they find that spark again. 

EDIT: also GREED is a fucking horrible song. 

Edited by Ro plz

On 1/4/2020 at 12:32 AM, saiko said:

But guys, has Lynch ever came up with something 'different' or 'genuine', or something, not sure how to say it, 'artistic' or 'not-a-bit-touched-by-a-commercial-approach'?

I actually kind of like some features of their approach to alt-metal, but let's be honest, they've been doing pretty much the fucking same since their first release, to say quickly: every western nu-metal/posthardcore cliché driven by the gothic-hypermelodic visual kei trademark that hits the choruses, alternated in the setlist with Luna Seaesque post-punky ballads. That's why I love them, and that's also why I love, don't know, ~10 or so songs by them, and definitely fucking skip the whole rest of their huge discog with zero regrets because, hey, when I say it sounds the same it's LITERAL (God knows I tried to 'find' some actual deep musicianship into it...). The situation remains so literal that lynch is to me one of the best and yet mysterious examples of bands that are formed by seemed talented people, also do pretty well in their bussiness, but paradoxically deliver low-quality releases 90% of their time.

All this said to ask you why would you care much on whether this may be a cool release or not.

So agree with this... They have " some " good songs but wow so many songs sound the same.  ( Not something we could say to a band like Mucc for example ) And yes their success is really surprising, maybe there is a good marketing behind.