Sign in to follow this  
Traxan

Aldious rocked the NAMM show, and America, for the first time

NAMM, or National Association of Music Merchants, is a massive trade show that takes place every January in Anaheim, California (right across from Disneyland). 100,000 people descend on the overcrowded Anaheim Convention Center and if you want to run into your favorite musicians, that's the place because they appear at the booth for the companies they endorse. Midori and Miyako of Lovebites were in various booths but didn't play as a band because the other three were in Japan.

ALdious, though, made their American debut at this show in the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel, which is right next door to the Anaheim Convention Center. They still had Narumi, filling in for new mother Toki. As far as I know, the only endorsee of the band was drummer Marina Bozzio, who spent time at the DW Drums and Sabian cymbals booths.

BTW the reason for the plastic wall around Marina is to muffle her drums so she doesn't overpower the guitars and vocals.

I know D_Drive were also at the show but haven't seen videos. Here's a few of Aldious, who appear to have won over the audience.

Best sounding/looking video of "We Are/Dominator"

"We Are" up close

"Believe Myself"

"Deep"

Edited by Traxan

Sign in to follow this