Tanishi

DIMLIM - MISC. [Discussion Thread]

DIMLIM - MISC.  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What were your favorite songs from the album?

• We’ve changed.now it’s your turn next
    • MIST
    • 真夜中に私を連れ出して
    • Funny world
    • What's up ?
    • +&−
    • For the future
    • Tick Tak
    • 気付かない者たちへ
    • Before it's too late
    • out of the darkness
    • Lament
  2. 2. How many stars would you rate this album out of 5?

• ★★★★★ - "MASTER CLASS ROCK MUSIC"
    • ★★★★ - "Great!"
    • ★★★ - "Decent"
    • ★★ - "Underwhelming"
    • ★ - "nah, take this shit back bruh."

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

+ I don't really get the comments about the lack of bass, I can hear it clear enough for the most part but it does sound pretty synthesised as opposed to an actual bass though which is a shame, but maybe this was done for a more "poppy"/electronic effect.

On my first listen I was hung up on feeling that something was missing and I just kind of assumed that it was the absence of tangible bass lines from the compositions. Now I've realised I think it's more that when they took out the chugs they just didn't manage to get the riffs to replace them. The songs like What's Up noodle around where chugs would've been before ( in Malformation, Rijin imagine the metal riffs gone and only the noodling remain ) and the "heaviest" tracks in here like Funny World are just really fucking bad, like Girugamesh MUSIC and NOW era distilled through Retsu's IG filter. In Rijin everything is still together and the flourishes are just that. This album has stuff that I like that would've been cool on songs in Chedoara, like For the Future is moody and 'aight. 

I was thinking about writing a big review for this one, but the only thing I can think is:

"Jesus Christ, they really like Polyphia."

So, yeah. For me, it sounds like "If Polyphia had vocals"

Now I didn't follow DIMLIM enough to know much about their progression. I listened to their first few releases and wasn't impressed. Then the drama and all the members leaving and I didn't follow, but I listened to this album. I like some of the music, though a lot of it is pretty forgettable. How sudden is this musical shift of theirs to warrant the lyrics to be this petty? I get they're trying to kick the visual scene, but there's a much more mature way of doing so than being a whiny baby about it. Diss tracks are pretty immature (I'm looking at you Nokubura ...) but a diss track to their audience seems even more counter intuitive and immature.

Christ, did the band sit down and discuss the concept of this album was going to be thumbing their collective noses at what few fans they have left? This shit is weird. 

Then again, it’s like these lyrics were written with the knowledge that MISC wouldn’t be well received, because we sure as fuck had no idea what we were in for thru most of 2019

11 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

https://subthatsong.blogspot.com/search/label/DIMLIM

this gal is translating the album and they are dissing us fans pretty hard in a couple of songs, lol

their own sales never reaching the level of dezert/girugamesh to be considered a successful sell-out is the biggest self-diss Retsu etc could ever come up with.

I will be checking out their next releases for the laugh factor mostly, but we realistically need Akane to come back and end the young things. 

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

their own sales never reaching the level of dezert/girugamesh to be considered a successful sell-out is the biggest self-diss Retsu etc could ever come up with.

I will be checking out their next releases for the laugh factor mostly, but we realistically need Akane to come back and end the young things. 

All hail Akane, that's for sure

My criticism is about as similar as a lot of people here, the bass is almost non-existent. Other than that, it's way too djenty for my taste.

Edited by Dxrk1sm

This album was such a let down, I mean they can do whatever the hell they want so go on change styles but it's just some wasted talent man... Chedoara and previous releases were so much better, even when they started changing a bit in rijin it was still good but this is just plain, boring and forgettable like you could play any of the songs in the album rn and I wouldn't be able to tell which one is it

On 3/27/2020 at 5:04 PM, Dxrk1sm said:

My criticism is about as similar as a lot of people here, the bass is almost non-existent. Other than that, it's way too djenty for my taste.

It isn’t djent. Like... at all. 

18 hours ago, Saishu said:

It isn’t djent. Like... at all. 

Whatever the name of the guitar tuning they're using. 

20 minutes ago, Dxrk1sm said:

Whatever the name of the guitar tuning they're using. 

Perhaps you want to refer to what some people here call the "guitar-wanking"? That sort of excessively chopped guitar lines and/or fast high-pitch melodies. That work is featured in both djent and math genres as well, although their differences. 

Edited by saiko

6 hours ago, saiko said:

Perhaps you want to refer to what some people here call the "guitar-wanking"? That sort of excessively chopped guitar lines and/or fast high-pitch melodies. That work is featured in both djent and math genres as well, although their differences. 

Yup, that exactly. Thanks.

It's very unpleasant to my ears. 

On 4/1/2020 at 8:17 PM, saiko said:

When I see the word “djent” I think of heavy, down tuned, rhythmic palm muted riffs. MISC doesn’t chug and that’s a huge part of the problem. 

On 4/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, Kirito said:

I think Rijin was the perfect balance. They should continue on this direction

With only one dude on guitar that is most likely not going to happen unless they at least get a bassist. I think the reason for the huge shift in sound is to accommodate the thin line up. 

What you say about the new line up is also a problem for MISC. There are a lot of guitar track on each song.

But for sure they will sample some for live shows. Personnally i don't mind synth to be sample but i dont like guitar sample.. 

when i first heard this after hearing the album chedoara i have to say love singer when he isnt screaming his voice standsout fine. i personally love all there albums i bearly found out this band months back they are totally creative and talented but i remain 2017 release cheodoara on repeat i just enjoy how reminds me of other fav bands of mine. misc is good i love how they showed both heavy and soft side totally earned a place in favotites