Lereku

Buck-Tick new album, "ABRACADABRA" release

Buck-Tick new album will be released at 2020 summer, details TBA.

Imai described it as "a clean break with the image and sound that the band has accustomed fans to until now",  the keywords of this new style of music will be "minimalism and electronic"

Hope hope hope they do something in the style of “Rondo” sooner or later. That might just be my adoration for anything that brings to mind 1700 France, but I thought they did that style incredibly well on that song and that there should be more like it.

That being said, the description of the album’s sound doesn’t sound like it... oh well.

Looking forward to it! 'Minimal' and 'electronic' reminds me of SEXY STREAM LINER which is a good sign, but I vaguely remember being reminded of that album once or twice before when they made new album announcements, so I'm just going in with no expectations instead, haha.

BUCK-TICK will stream tons of of previously released live videos on their Youtube channel each Saturday beginning from May 2nd.

Here are the titles with YT links from the official website:

▼5月2日(土)21:00〜『Sabbat』

▼5月9日(土)21:00〜『Climax Together』

▼5月16日(土)21:00〜『TOUR アトム 未来派 No.9 -FINAL-』

▼5月23日(土)21:00〜『THE PARADE 〜30th anniversary〜 HIGH SIDE』

▼5月30日(土)21:00〜『THE DAY IN QUESTION 2017』Day2

▼6月6日(土)21:00〜『TOUR No.0』 

▼6月13日(土)21:00〜『ロクス・ソルスの獣たち』Day2

Also, from May 3rd to May 6th, they will broadcast music videos and special live footage on NicoNico:

▼5月3日(日)20:00~<DAY1>
ミュージックビデオ特集+2013年『THE DAY IN QUESTION』@郡山市民文化センター
https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv325604767

▼5月4日(月)20:00~<DAY2>
ミュージックビデオ特集+『TOUR 2014 metaform nights ~或いはアナーキー~』@Zepp Tokyo
https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv325604783

▼5月5日(火)20:00~<DAY3>
ミュージックビデオ特集+『TOUR アトム 未来派 No.9』@中野サンプラザホール
https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv325604793

▼5月6日(水)20:00~<DAY4>
ミュージックビデオ特集+『TOUR No.0 - Guernican Moon -』@豊洲PIT
https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv325604814

Edited by Jigsaw9

Finally some good news about the album! ♥ The title will be "ABRACADABRA" and it will be released on 2020/09/21, in a variety of editions: regular (SHM-CD), limited "A" (SHM-CD + Blu-ray), limited "B" (SHM-CD + DVD), limited analog double LP, limited cassette, and a number of HQ download and streaming versions.

Here be ye olde list o' songs (the track order might still change):

・PEACE (SE) [music: Imai Hisashi]
・URAHARA-JUKU [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・堕天使 (Datenshi) – YOW-ROW ver. [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・MOONLIGHT ESCAPE [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・凍える (Kogoeru) – Crystal CUBE ver. [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Hoshino Hidehiko]
・獣たちの夜 (Kemonotachi no yoru) – YOW-ROW ver. [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・月の砂漠 (Tsuki no sabaku) [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Hoshino Hidehiko]
・舞夢マイム (Maimu MIME) [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・Villain [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi & Imai Hisashi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・ダンス天国 (DANCE tengoku) [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Hoshino Hidehiko]
・ケセラセラ エレジー (QUE SERA SERA ELEGY) [lyrics & music: Imai Hisashi]
・SOPHIA DREAM [lyrics & music: Imai Hisashi]
・ユリイカ (EUREKA) [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi & Imai Hisashi / music: Imai Hisashi]
・忘却 (Boukyaku) [lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi / music: Imai Hisashi]

They also opened a special website for the album, all in English for some reason (I'm not complaining tho :D).

Edited by Jigsaw9

On 7/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

Here be ye olde list o' songs (the track order might still change)

The final track order has been revealed:

01. PEACE (SE)
02. ケセラセラ エレジー (QUE SERA SERA ELEGY)
03. URAHARA-JUKU
04. SOPHIA DREAM
05. 月の砂漠 (Tsuki no sabaku)
06. Villain
07. 凍える (Kogoeru) Crystal CUBE ver.
08. 舞夢マイム (Maimu MIME)
09. ダンス天国 (DANCE tengoku)
10. 獣たちの夜 (Kemonotachi no yoru) YOW-ROW ver.
11. 堕天使 (Datenshi) YOW-ROW ver.
12. MOONLIGHT ESCAPE
13. ユリイカ (EUREKA)
14. 忘却 (Boukyaku)

Due to the virus, the band won't be doing a proper album tour but a "film tour" titled BUCK-TICK TOUR2020 ABRACADABRA ON SCREEN where audiences can see video footage of the band playing their live set at the below list of venues:

https://buck-tick.com/live/detail/10838/

Too bad they don't have a date for foreign fans, would have been pretty cool to capitalize on that. I'm sure there would be interest.

Edited by Jigsaw9

You can now check out the cover artwork for the various different types/versions on the special album website.

Lookin' gooooood

Also, they played part of the Kogoeru music video yesterday and IT. SOUNDS. ABSOLUTELY. BEAUTIFUL.

Someone managed to catch most of it:

Edited by Jigsaw9

On 8/7/2020 at 11:23 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

Too bad they don't have a date for foreign fans, would have been pretty cool to capitalize on that. I'm sure there would be interest.

I can't believe it, but looks like my prayers have been answered! :D

The band will hold a special livestreamed gig "ABRACADABRA LIVE ON THE NET" just before releasing the album, on 2020/09/21.

Further info here - basically the most convenient for overseas fans is to use the Zaiko platform. The ticket is hella pricey (5000 yennerz) and unfortunately the stream will not have an archive,* but I won't pass up this opportunity to finally see my favorite band live (I probably won't ever get a chance to do so in person anyway).

* although the Zaiko description says no archive will be available, the event period says "09.21 (Mon) ⇨ 09.28 (Mon)" so I'm now kinda confused, lol.

Scratch that, just saw that the stream will be archived until 28th September.

Edited by Jigsaw9

@Yukimoto Yeah that's what I was guessing too, at least based on that event period. It just confused me how they strictly wrote no archive in the description (I only bought a ticket for a stream one other time on Zaiko, and there they explicitly wrote how long you can still watch it afterwards).

edit: Never mind, the official site does say it will be archived till 28th September. Awesome!

Edited by Jigsaw9

Anyone planning on buying and saving that livestream with something like Internet Download Manager/Video Download Helper/ffmpeg/whatever program or trick of choice?

I'd get it, but I'm stuck having to eat exorbitant shipping costs on something this month, so I'm unlikely to be able to work this into my monthly budget when all's said and done. 

A preview of the track "Eureka" can be listened to at various online streaming/digital platforms (for example here).

To me it sounds like the light poppy melodies of SEVENTH HEAVEN fused into the modern streamlined electro-ish production of the last few albums, and I'm sorta HERE FOR IT. This album is looking to be better and better by the day, hope it won't disappoint.

21 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

A preview of the track "Eureka" can be listened to at various online streaming/digital platforms (for example here).

The whole track is on Spotify too! Overwhelmingly chaotic and wonderful.

They didn't give us a lot to go on in the teaser, but I've liked all songs so far, super excited.

Edited by crossparallel

Yeah, I continue to have high hopes (I'm not that much into that very first preview but otherwise everything sounds good).

In the meantime Eureka got officially upped to Youtube too, due to the all-around streaming availability I guess:

Nice warm and fuzzy poppy tune, I like. LOVE & PIISU

Edited by Jigsaw9