suji

キズ (Kizu) new single, "地獄" (jigoku) release

I mean, this Lime dudes got a point. Why release a full album when you can get your fans to buy 3 songs of varying quality for $15-30? 

Release several singles a year and you don’t have to worry about writing full albums. And besides, changing the formula is a bad business move when your current model is already profitable. 

Kizu feels very “corporate” to me. As if several music execs got together and formulated a band who could more efficiently deliver profits. Everything about them feels very “corporate” to me. Designed in such a deliberate way. 

Edited by geist

55 minutes ago, geist said:

Kizu feels very “corporate” to me. As if several music execs got together and formulated a band who could more efficiently deliver profits. Everything about them feels very “corporate” to me. Designed in such a deliberate way. 

Now you mention it, some users and I discussed this hypothesis a months ago, and the agreement was over the fact that it may be true.

It is almost impossible to explain other way how a group of little to no known indie musicians (yeah, I know Lime was in Lezard, but anyway... who the fuck are them?) launched from night to morning a project with such level of excellence both in music (compositions, recording), looks, videoclips and overall advertising campaign (remember the whole thing of the telephone number where bangya could talk to Lime to make catharsis of their suicidal thoughts? Crazy!).

They definitely had a ton of money behind them to do such, and if someone risked that amount of money for funding a band of nobodies in an currently almost dead genre/scene, I think it's obvious that those investors still now take every chance and tool they have acces to to make Kizu deliver profit in the most effective and eficient way. I'm still amazed about the fact that someone decided to take said risk; if I had the money I'm not sure if I would do it considering the situation, tbh.

And I'm not against it at all, because it was Kizu the band that (along Dimlim) retained the dignity of VK all this time within a scene full of ultra cringe-worthy newcomers and slowly-dying big fishes...

Edited by saiko

1 hour ago, Yukami said:

EV4nHiZUwAUe0As?format=jpg&name=large

☠️❤️☠️❤️☠️ きょうのすけ is everything what visual-kei is about , every - single - bloody - time ☠️❤️☠️❤️☠️

Swore I saw Padme in there for a good second.

Haven't liked much of their stuff so far, but there's so much going on in these tracks that keeps Lime's earwormy vibrato in check for it to sound quite decent to me. "15.2" sounds pretty gud.

Edited by colorful人生

The first two tracks sound very ok, Kizu milking their (very cool, indeed) clichés once again, which at this point still sound fresh (but I'm sure that grace will expire soon if they don't decide to change that decision for the A-sides of the next couple of releases). Mr. Big Monster sounds a bit more interesting, at least for that intro. And finally,15.2 stands out a lot, the uncommonnes of that harmony into VK sure adds a lot of thrill! Loved it!

Edited by saiko

7 hours ago, Enki said:

So no MV?

They planned a concert in China for August, which however has been already canceled for now. Guess the money was spent for that. Same reason we didn't get an MV for Human Error, the money was spent for the concerts in Shanghai and Taipei last September.

1 hour ago, diva-rin said:

They planned a concert in China for August, which however has been already canceled for now. Guess the money was spent for that. Same reason we didn't get an MV for Human Error, the money was spent for the concerts in Shanghai and Taipei last September.

I thought human error didnt have a mv because of production issues

very unfortunate Type A of this release only has 3 live songs but as expected Kizu are as solid as ever live. i dont recall if it was the case on the live portion that came with the Kuroi Ame single, but looks like Lime is full time playing both acoustic and electric guitar on stage. 銃声 and 黒い雨 are pretty amazing live, gonna listen to the single next. 

9 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

very unfortunate Type A of this release only has 3 live songs but as expected Kizu are as solid as ever live. i dont recall if it was the case on the live portion that came with the Kuroi Ame single, but looks like Lime is full time playing both acoustic and electric guitar on stage. 銃声 and 黒い雨 are pretty amazing live, gonna listen to the single next. 

How did you get your copy so fast? 

11 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

I thought human error didnt have a mv because of production issues

Might be another or "official" reason. 😂

17 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Lime tweeted something about the mv here I guess idk maybe someone can give us a translation

Here is the translation:

Edited by Aika