suji

キズ (Kizu) new single, "地獄" (jigoku) release

17 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

I hope music clip means music video and not just audio lol

About 99% of the time it means music video, so no need to worry imo. :) 

Not sure if they plan on keeping this one up, but it's the premiered video with a little clip at the end from LiME talking about their cancelled one-man and COVID stuff.

35 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

Music video on point !! So the song is coronavirus related maybe ?

more or less, that's kinda how the meaning evolved over time. i think lime mentioned in his tweets that 地獄 was originally supposed to represent hell on earth / his personal vision of hell, but then COVID-19 took a massive shart on the world and well.......... basically it took "hell on earth" to a whole new level.

knowing that coming in, i should've expected that the band would throw in some visual references to the virus, but that pv still managed to punch me in the gut like 0 did. job well fucking done, considering how quickly they threw it together.

2 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

I think it's mt favorite Kizu song! Haven't been a fan of all of them so far but I have no complaints here!

This would’ve been a stronger track if that Chorus stayed in the same key. I have no idea why American and overseas bands love that song format. It throws off the feel of the track significantly imo.

Other than that, I dig it. That main riff is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Edited by Ro plz

Great video indeed !

The chorus is good but feel a little bit disconnected from the rest of the song.. that's my only complain

Edited by Kirito

Love the video and definitely a fan of the song but still think 15.2 is the most stand out song on this release. Considering I've already gone through this single like 20 times I guess the wait for single #10 begins now.

Also side note but I think the dude that directed the world of mercy also directed this, could be wrong 

Edited by sleepy coffee

I really don’t like how often they go back to the strummed intro riff. They should get a second full time guitarist (if they don’t have one already). 

The Shota guitarist is excellent, but they layer soooo many guitar tracks that there’s no way he’s playing all those parts live. 

Just now, geist said:

I really don’t like how often they go back to the strummed intro riff. They should get a second full time guitarist (if they don’t have one already).

Lime is basically the 2nd guitarist now, hes been credited as vocals and guitar for the past few releases now and I think during lives he plays guitar the whole set 

I like it. The best industry plant in the scene, a strong 6/10 doing the same shit every time and doing it well. I wouldn't mind if they threw curve ball every once in a while having like a really slow breakdown or a long solo, or maybe a 7 minute ballad or something. Something to make them flex their muscles a bit. 

I'd prefer more STEROID over this tbh, something more straight forward, easier to digest and to mindlessly headbang and let go to. I got to know them for those bangers and I prefer the songs that follow this formula.

I can't say I love it like I loved, say, KIZUATO or [0], but I'm sure it will eventually grow on me.

1 minute ago, Wakarimashita said:

I'd prefer more STEROID over this tbh, something more straight forward, easier to digest and to mindlessly headbang and let go to. I got to know them for those bangers and I prefer the songs that follow this formula.

I can't say I love it like I loved, say, KIZUATO or [0], but I'm sure it will eventually grow on me.

honestly pretty nuts they came out with kizuato, steroid, and 0 back to back to back those absolutely slapped. i still think stuff like jigoku and human error are sick but those 3 singles were their peak so far 

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

I like it. The best industry plant in the scene, a strong 6/10 doing the same shit every time and doing it well. I wouldn't mind if they threw curve ball every once in a while having like a really slow breakdown or a long solo, or maybe a 7 minute ballad or something. Something to make them flex their muscles a bit. 

But when they put a 黒い雨, a ballad, as a single everyone got I MISS OLD KIZU 😕 that’s the problem, people won’t ever be satisfied.

4 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Also side note but I think the dude that directed the world of mercy also directed this, could be wrong 

the directors of all their mvs except kawazu is the guy who direct DeG mvs as well! :) 

1 minute ago, ricchubunny said:

But when they put a 黒い雨, a ballad, as a single everyone got I MISS OLD KIZU 😕 that’s the problem, people won’t ever be satisfied.

kuroi ame b sides (not including black rain) were bangers so idk why people complained

Edited by sleepy coffee

1 minute ago, ricchubunny said:

idk, was it the same case in japanese fandom as well? no one gives a shit what the dweebs in here think

7 hours ago, Ro plz said:

This would’ve been a stronger track if that Chorus stayed in the same key. I have no idea why American and overseas bands love that song format. It throws off the feel of the track significantly imo.

I'm with you on the key change thing for the chorus, but other than that i absolutely liked the song! Such a comeback after their 8th single that was a kind of a letdown to me at least. Hoping the b-sides are this good too!

This song is definitely better than human error and kuroi ame, although it actually feels like a lot of ideas from their other songs put together in one, really hyped for the single now!

13 hours ago, Ro plz said:

bruh I feel you 100%!!! I hate that key change shit so much. It's just too abrupt and throws off the groove of things. To me it's a very lazy way of trying to give songs a sense of progression.

I can dig the song outside of that too.

The PV AMAZING!!! The Song AMAZING!!!! Ya'll playing on that key change.... such a highlight for me lol. But for real if these actions were really in place in Japan it would be in a lot better shape right now ~_~. But that was quick thinking and works well with the song so good on the director!