Kiryu999

NEGA one-day revival

Well hmmm. I'm just happy to see a one-day revival =O. Reminiscence, the single version, was always a favorite of mine. I still remember playing guilt trip, where Jin screams like a maniac at the end, in my car to freak people out.

I love that all of this "bands are copying DEG!!!!!" shit, THE most obvious commonplace you can go on criticizing VK, comes around every couple months like the flu

then comes the obligatory Kuroyume song to prove the absolute copycat shitfest DEG was

and then we get a mod calling everyone to stay on topic

oh, the circlejerk of life

12 minutes ago, Alsdead14 said:

Well hmmm. I'm just happy to see a one-day revival =O. Reminiscence, the single version, was always a favorite of mine. I still remember playing guilt trip, where Jin screams like a maniac at the end, in my car to freak people out.

Reminiscence has that great line  "I believe that you are white". 

That's what I remember the most about it to be honest. 

Well the setlist is pretty much a mini-version of the theme they went for at their last live. There they only played "NEGA" (i.e. after-returning-from-hiatus) tracks and only a small handful of relatively older songs in the encore.

But yeah, they could have included one or two 'classics'...

I forgot exactly how bad Vanitas was until I re-listened to it and almost threw up. 

I was in the car this morning, on my way to work, and 12012's "Suicide" came on. It was a nice drive. I laughed, mocked the song for being terrible, and reminisced how bad 12012 had gotten by the end. Little did I know I would be re-listening to Vanitas today, an album so atrocious I legitimately forgot it existed.

God damn. Please no one take this personally, it's just my subjective opinion on music; but NEGA deserve to be wiped from the history books. Their CD's should be burned, live albums sent to a landfill, and let's just forget this ever happened. 

Edited by geist
autism

I think the bigger crime here is that Jin keeps starting new projects but the sound never really changes on a fundamental level. It all comes down to the skill level of who he’s working with at the time. Like honestly to me The Black Swan mostly sounded like “what if Jin wrote music for Deluhi”

On 9/2/2020 at 5:58 PM, geist said:

I forgot exactly how bad Vanitas was until I re-listened to it and almost threw up. 

points... were made?..

I really don't understand what sustained n-word for so long, considering how the black swan/articlear both sound like a clear return to what nega started with, and almost immediately clowned out following their debut mini/singles bunch.

they turned the overall trademark UCP bad taste into a parody of whatever was trending in the scene at the moment and added fake blood and brain worms to it.

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Lol, scrolling thru the comments and people were comparing them to DEG 13 years ago. 

I assume they mostly compare 『the edge』 of it all, not their sound?

quadrangle video is vaguely reminiscent of raison d'etre PV with 0.1/10 of Diru past budgets

I'll give these guys a break, the revival live was pretty solid. I've always liked the VANITAS album so I didn't mind the setlist to begin with. But this was probably one of Jin's best NEGA performances that's for sure (at least to me it felt like it). The other guys were tight and competent as usual too. Weird to see them together on stage playing these songs after so many years, almost felt like stepping into a time machine.

NEGA's last live DVD left a very sour taste in my mouth (weird setlist arrangement, awkward atmosphere and a faulty/error-ridden audio mix ruined the whole experience so much I still haven't watched it all the way through in one sitting), but this performance redeemed them a bit. That said, I do admit these songs work a lot better in their studio-recorded form rather than played live. But they tried to make the best of it I guess?...