jon_jonz

Corona-related Livestreams / Concert Videos

Well, it is what the title says. コロナウイルス is forcing people to stay home in Japan and the japs have a nice philosophy of spreading hope in times of despair, so they went there and performed anyway and are being nice and posting the gigs that got cancelled online for all to see, including us, poor gaijin. No live audience, no staff, etc.

These are the ones I've seen so far:

Let's make this collaborative so do share other links here if you know of any. I'll keep updating this list.

Previously unreleased lives uploaded for viewing due to the Corona situation are also to be freely shared in this thread - MH Staff

And bear in mind most of these gigs will be available for a limited time only, so hurry up and watch or download the ones you're interested in watching ASAP.

THURSDAY'S YOUTH just did one today, and apparently the archive of it will be available for a week.

https://www.mahocast.com/thursdaysyouth/music/1699

^It was a special one-man featuring the singer from asobius and some other people on backing vocals. The performance starts around 12:00.

Edited by violetchain

I'm not sure this was due to coronavirus, but Kansen2 uploaded this live few days ago.

Here:

Edit: I've just confirmed this live was streamed because of coronavirus

Edited by mechayolo

Xaa Xaa had an announcement for live on youtube that was supposed to happen yesterday, not sure if they did it or not since i had to study and now all i can see is that the video was deleted.

1 minute ago, Kaile said:

Xaa Xaa had an announcement for live on youtube that was supposed to happen yesterday, not sure if they did it or not since i had to study and now all i can see is that the video was deleted.

It was deleted, but luckly, the admins at their VK page recorded it and posted it there:

https://vk.com/video-103006142_456239223

SKY-HI did one today as well, but I missed it. He said there's not going to be an archive but he'll do a vlog with digest footage later. There are some clips fans posted under the hashtag "SKYHI生配信".

Edited by violetchain

1 hour ago, jon_jonz said:

I can't download this video or find any service online that allows me to do it. Do you know how to do that?

As far as I know there's no program to do so.

22 hours ago, mechayolo said:

I'm not sure this was due to coronavirus, but Kansen2 uploaded this live few days ago.

Here:

Edit: I've just confirmed this live was streamed because of coronavirus

Do they seriously make their support drummer play behind a screen? That's kinda harsh!

ooooooh.

So that explains the Bad Hop live, was wondering why there was no audience.
They've not archived it, but they did upload a song from the live:

Edited by NICKT

On 3/8/2020 at 1:24 PM, jon_jonz said:

I can't download this video or find any service online that allows me to do it. Do you know how to do that?

I use vlc player for that. Just get the .m3u8 link to the HLS-stream with some browser extension like download helper for firefox, put that as a network URL in vlc player under media > open network stream, change the 'play' field to 'convert' and chose an mp4 container. And then you have to wait for it to get the whole file.