YuyoDrift

Coronavirus (COVID-19) MEGATHREAD!

7 hours ago, Tokage said:

Dutch news reporting that students from two of our medical unis discovered a potential antibody against the virus. Apparently there's also talk about Chinese experts flying out to Italy to help people out there in some ways but our own news is making no mention of it as of yet & is instead focusing more on the AAAH PUBLIC LIFE IS SHUTTING DOWN HELP ME-angle so idk more about that. 

Full retards here are pillaging the toilet paper reserves as well and the news photos even showed pics of emptied out racks of sunglasses for... some reason???

i can't stop laughing about the sunglasses, when are you gonna need that if you're not even gonna go out much? 😂

No one asked me but I'll continue to post and badly translate italian Corona memes. (the ones understandable to not italian people at least, sadly there are some truly hilarious ones that needs layers of italian cultural/pop knowledge one can have only by living here)

89722606_153806746093485_305552416054653

"Pope Francesco, I came from the future, listen to me, there will be a pandemic you must alert the woooorld."

Edited by Arkady

2 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i can't stop laughing about the sunglasses, when are you gonna need that if you're not even gonna go out much? 😂

My only guess was eye protection for when you go out to the store but otherwise I have no fucking clue either lmao

Or it's just reseller scum - that's another option

51 minutes ago, Arkady said:

No one asked me but I'll continue to post and badly translate italian Corona memes. (the ones understandable to not italian people at least, sadly there are some truly hilarious ones that needs layers of italian cultural/pop knowledge one can have only by living here)

89722606_153806746093485_305552416054653

"Pope Francesco, I came from the future, listen to me, there will be a pandemic you must alert the woooorl."

Uf1jZZJ.png

mood tbh

the pasta aisles at walmart are still fully stocked :D so my family will survive. Same with tomatoes . Oddly no ones buying up those soft napkins/paper towels. If you ever need tp, get napkins from fast food joint. Dont take the tp cuz taco bell user will need it lol

I work as an investigator for child protective services and schools in my county have been shut for another week at this point. This affects our low income families who don't have child care and now won't have meals for their children that the school provides during the day. It is utterly heartbreaking. These same families are affected by bulk buying because now there are no basic food items left on our shelves in stores that accept EBT, SNAP, WIC, or any welfare payment methods.

Edited by Mephistopheles

6 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

They're saying that it looks like schools won't be open for the rest of the year. This entire situation reminds me so much of Contagion it's scary.

That would be horrible. There is no childcare for people if that happens. Do you know where this rumor started?

7 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

The governor of Ohio just declared that all bars and restaurants are being closed effective tonight at 9pm EST.

Same here in Chicago

34 minutes ago, Mephistopheles said:

That would be horrible. There is no childcare for people if that happens. Do you know where this rumor started?

Various governors across the US.

People in Holland are lined up for miles to buy weed from local coffee shops before that shit goes on lockdown just to prove stereotypes lol

Meanwhile over here the government's apparently planning to ban the sale of alcohol...?

On 3/14/2020 at 8:10 PM, colorful人生 said:

Just saw the news update on this guy. He had to leave his house because he got death threats and people started showing up lmao. Too bad so sad. 

12 minutes ago, nikuman said:

Just saw the news update on this guy. He had to leave his house because he got death threats and people started showing up lmao. Too bad so sad. 

Karma is a BITCH 🔥🔥🔥

11 hours ago, Tokage said:

People in Holland are lined up for miles to buy weed from local coffee shops before that shit goes on lockdown just to prove stereotypes lol

Meanwhile over here the government's apparently planning to ban the sale of alcohol...?

i wonder if Canadians are stock piling Kraft Dinners?

While I do find this panic over items that under normal circumstances would never be bought hilarious, I do actually feel terrible for low-income families & people that just want to buy regular grocery items to stay alive. That said, it is at this point of the FOMO trend where it is pretty damn hard to not want to buy 2x your normal volume, seeing that shelves are empty and the layoffs/store closures may leave everyone with some tough decisions they were never taught to begin with. It's a scary thought that this could get any worse.

Obviously metro areas and other highly populated towns are seeing the brunt of this, but what about small towns? Perhaps their lifestyle may have its perks during a time like this...

Canada, Russia, Germany, so many countries have closed their borders, Pennsylvania has declared all non-essential businesses to close, apparently The Netherlands is set to just let it happen and whoever dies dies because over 1000 people already have it there.

Idris Elba confirmed earlier today that he tested positive 😭

Edited by secret_no_03

my friend here panicked when she saw all the tp gone and ordered 96 rolls online despite having only a two star rating. 🙄

either way, with all this going on i was gonna go watch a movie airing this week but i just found out they delayed it.....as well as many other titles. i went to walmart today and it didn't look that bad, but non-perishable foods are mostly gone over here. i can't imagine what it's like in bigger cities and i feel sorry for those struggling financially when jobs might start shutting down soon as well.

A list of observations:

• A confirmed case has been announced by the local hospital in my town. The county's health department intends to investigate the subject's life to monitor those who have come in contact with her.
  • I recently started my job, as a cashier, at a supermarket last Wednesday. Two days later, there were lines backed up due to panic buying. As of now, service areas such as deli salads and meat counters have been suspended for the time being; however, food will still be prepared and prepackaged for customers to buy. There is barely any toilet paper on the shelves as well as cleaning products and dairy items. Everything else in the grocery section save for produce and international foods are limited in stock at this time.
  • I attended a visitation of a close friend's maternal grandmother's funeral hours ago. I believe that the fear around the virus has affected attendance. I wonder if it'll be the same for the funeral and burial tomorrow.

Motherfucker. The border is now closed inside and out. I wonder how long this will last, 'cause I to be honest wouldn't mind being financially way better off than this 

As far as I could find by wandering around for what must have been an hour and a half just now, there is officially zero toilet paper on shop shelves in the city where I live. I just had to cheap out and buy some fucking Kleenex. They're now limiting these kinds of products to three per customer in many shops.

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

As far as I could find by wandering around for what must have been an hour and a half just now, there is officially zero toilet paper on shop shelves in the city where I live. I just had to cheap out and buy some fucking Kleenex. They're now limiting these kinds of products to three per customer in many shops.

You got to be smart, girl. Head over to places like gas stations, hardware stores (not kidding), and well I hate to say this, but apparently from what I've heard is that Asian markets are still stocked with products.