Sign in to follow this  
SoulTheBaka

THE NOVEMBERS new album 'At The Beginning' release

After just over a year, THE NOVEMBERS returns for a new album scheduled for May and it's called At The Beginning !

Details like the cover, the release date and the tracklist will be revealed soon.

A tour is scheduled with May 16th as the starting live.

Yukihiro (L'Arc~en~Ciel, ACID ANDROID) participated in the realisation of the album.

THENOVEMBERS_art202004.jpg?impolicy=hq&i

New visual

Edited by SoulTheBaka

Looking forward to it! Previous one's still one of my favorite 2019 releases overall so I have high hopes. (Also that look is borderline vk at this point)

At The Beginning will be released on 27 May (CD in Japan, digital/streaming worldwide). The album is currently available for pre-order on their online shop, and orders placed by 17 April should arrive on 13 May. The album will also get an early release on Bandcamp, on 16 May.

IMG-1802.jpg

The cover, done by tobird, was inspired by the track 消失点 (Shoushitsu-ten). "The sphere of the jacket beautifully expresses the three-dimensional, clear and noisy sound of the world." "The artwork is a symbolic object that can be felt at the beginning or end, positively, negatively, naturally, or artificially." tobird set out to create something that could be put on display in someone's room.

Tracklist:

1, Rainbow
2, 薔薇と子供 (Bara to Kodomo; A Rose and A Child)
3, 理解者 (Rikaisha; Supporter)
4, Dead Heaven
5, 消失点 (Shoushitsu-ten; Vanishing Point)
6, 楽園 (Rakuen; Paradise)
7, New York
8, Hamletmachine
9, 開け放たれた窓 (Ake-hanatareta mado; The Abandoned Window)

薔薇と子供 is streaming on YouTube

TOUR -消失点- will go from 16 May to 11 July, and a ¥2,000 student discount will be offered on tickets.

source

Interesting song! I can definitely hear Yukihiro's influence in it, what with all the electronics.

It's better than the cover, haha.

i wish they'd get whoever it was that did their older covers back :( even tho their music's only been getting better over time i feel like their artwork's kinda been downgrading

the song is lit though

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

i wish they'd get whoever it was that did their older covers back :(

They did lol. tobird has done artwork for all their albums, this one included

2 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

They did lol. tobird has done artwork for all their albums, this one included

👀 for real? lol call me boo boo the fool in that case

(talk about a sudden style change in that case tho...)

This album is a quick one (barely 35 minutes), but an interesting one. I think I like it more than ANGELS. It‘a more “modern” than anything else they’ve done. Their tracks from the unknown flowers split with Boris could have worked on this album, especially Journey.

So far, my favourites are Dead Heaven and Hamletmachine, least favourites are New York and 開け放たれた窓.

I liked the album, but my expectations were sooooo high that, as a successor to ANGELS, I still find myself disappointed with this new album. I have to salute the experimental side of this album, where they really continued to vary in all their pop tracks. However, what I loved about ANGELS was that this more pop, industrial side blended perfectly with what they did in their previous albums. In ATB, I find that their pop side """dominates""" too much on their rock side. I really enjoyed listening to poppy songs like 消失点 or 楽園, and even more the hardest songs like 理解者 and Hamletmachine but as an album in its own right, I don't find the same satisfaction as with ANGELS.

edit: Like every Novembers album, it's growing on me with every listening!

Edited by SoulTheBaka

Rather enjoying this album.

I prefer it to ANGELS mostly in the sense that it takes the more poppy/electronic experimentation that album had and runs further with it, whereas ANGELS tended to fall back into more safe, familiar-sounding territory quite a bit (BAD DREAM, Everything, Close to Me, etc all sound very similar to previous tracks they've put out). It also feels more tightly-themed than ANGELS, and having very strongly-themed releases is something I really like about the majority of THE NOVEMBERS discog in general.

To be honest I felt rather down on THE NOVEMBERS post-Elegance. Hallelujah felt kind of like a glorified best-of album (all new songs, but the majority of them felt like stuff they'd explored more in-depth in previous releases) and TODAY was pretty weak IMO, but these last two releases have both been pretty good. 

Edited by Pho

2 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Is anyone able to share this please? :)

The whole album should be up on Spotify!

Sign in to follow this