sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single 落ちた事のある空 release summer 2020

Not too impressed by what I heard so far, although the opening riff was pretty bangin' in itself.

Will look forward to the complete version for the final verdict I guess.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Learned a hard lesson today. Actually, I was also recording this live stream as always, but it failed half way for some reason.

Next time I will use two servers from different geolocations to record live streams just in case.

Could anyone who recorded the video share me it please?

I liked it. I didn’t love it the way I loved the world of mercy, but it’s a good preview to what’s gonna come. I just can’t wait to hear it in full. 

Kaoru, stop trying to turn me on like this at work. It's so inappropriate. This half-time chugging stuff they've been doing lately (also with ningen o kaburu) is my shit. What do the kids say, nowadays? "I fuck with this"?

The instrumentals are great, and Kyo sounds old when he tries to do the falsettos now. I can't wait for the full single.

Edited by geist
autism

7 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Additionally, I was made aware that this is the first time the SE of INCONVENIENT IDEAL was released as a studio audio, so here's the whole song: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y03glewwlmikq0w/Inconvenient_Ideal_%2B_SE.mp3/file

It goes choir intro (0:00-1:46) -> first verse of INCONVENIENT IDEAL [UNPLUGGED] (1:47-3:11) -> INCONVENIENT IDEAL (3:12-end).

Edited by Seelentau

They seem to be taking the promotion edit thing pretty far this time. This can’t be more than half the song. It just feels like so much is missing and it ends so abruptly.

3 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

They seem to be taking the promotion edit thing pretty far this time. This can’t be more than half the song. It just feels like so much is missing and it ends so abruptly.

Well, it might just be a short song. A lot of people felt Ranunculus should have been longer, too.

However, The World of Mercy promotional edit only contained about 1/3 of the full track, so who knows?

It ends on some kind of fade-out, so I expect that the song continues further. Also, at 1:45 I feel there is a bit abrupt transition, so maybe the gutted out the middle?

Edited by EvilHippy

45 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

True but this song just structurally feels like it’s missing a lot to be a complete song.

Oh it’s definitely not the full thing. I’m sure they trimmed several sections and omitted a few transitions here and there. Like I’ll put money on that part where the band drops out and Kyo sings over the synths being way longer.