sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single 落ちた事のある空 release summer 2020

If the single is not bundle type, we can just buy the songs one by one without that lazy recorded live concert thing on Track 003. At least that is the upperhand from this digital single for me.

23 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

I'd rather buy a physical version of the release than stream online or buy digitally.

I'm holding off listening until they release this on CD.

If it doesn't come out before the next album, I doubt it'll ever be released physically for the masses. At that point, I'll cave.

I refuse to pay for mp3s.

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

New slightly longer clip uploaded.

That guitar intro slaps!
This will be an awesome live track 😍

18 minutes ago, Tokage said:

they are just going back to their indies roots : )

it does have a certain ash/unknown despair lost vibe except they r very visibly no longer 25 anymore

I just noticed why the song sounds so familiar. It's because the intro guitar riff is in the same guitar tuning as WTD, TMOAB and UROBOROS. If you compare the intro riff to songs like Dozing Green then you will hear the similarity. It's because the lowest note is C#. So how do they play the even lower chorus riff?  I actually think that they completely changed their guitar tuning for this song. IMO they now use 7 string guitars where the lowest string is tuned to G# and then they have their "old" Drop C# 6 string guitar tuning on top. So either this is completely new or I wasn't aware of it yet but doing it totally makes sense to me. Now they can basically play any song of that era without having to switch guitars back and forth. Not sure why didn't do that earlier tbh 

Edited by TheTrendkiller

4 hours ago, TheTrendkiller said:

I just noticed why the song sounds so familiar. It's because the intro guitar riff is in the same guitar tuning as WTD, TMOAB and UROBOROS. If you compare the intro riff to songs like Dozing Green then you will hear the similarity. It's because the lowest note is C#. So how do they play the even lower chorus riff?  I actually think that they completely changed their guitar tuning for this song. IMO they now use 7 string guitars where the lowest string is tuned to G# and then they have their "old" Drop C# 6 string guitar tuning on top. So either this is completely new or I wasn't aware of it yet but doing it totally makes sense to me. Now they can basically play any song of that era without having to switch guitars back and forth. Not sure why didn't do that earlier tbh 

They’ve already made songs in the key of C# in ADADGBE tuning, like Downfall for example. They just use the 4th fret of the low A string (C#) as the root note that they chug on. Utafumi and Ningen wo Kaburu were also like this but they used the 5th fret as the root note so the key was in D. In Different Sense they used the second fret so the key was B. They do this a lot.

Edited by Kelrya

8 hours ago, Kelrya said:

They’ve already made songs in the key of C# in ADADGBE tuning, like Downfall for example. They just use the 4th fret of the low A string (C#) as the root note that they chug on. Utafumi and Ningen wo Kaburu were also like this but they used the 5th fret as the root note so the key was in D. In Different Sense they used the second fret so the key was B. They do this a lot.

I wasn't talking about songs being in a specific key,  just about the Drop C# guitar tuning from WTD era ( C# / A# / C# / F# / A# / D# ).  So we're talking about different things here :)

Edited by TheTrendkiller

27 minutes ago, TheTrendkiller said:

I wasn't talking about songs being in a specific key

they weren't exactly responding 2 u either kittygurl they just ran with tha opportunity

tenor.gif

know what tropes are better kept avoided in the dir en grey cloaca on here and you'll be good ❤️

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

they weren't exactly responding 2 u either kittygurl they just ran with tha opportunity

know what tropes are better kept avoided in the dir en grey cloaca on here and you'll be good ❤️

I'm just guessing here so if I'm right or wrong, it's not important to me:) Maybe the others know something which I don't, so I'll just wait for the official bandscore to show up. Until then I'll play it the way I think it's correct😁

Edited by TheTrendkiller

I heard they will be releasing the band scores for ARCHE and The Insulated World soon, but you need to pay 100 Yen for each page separately.

On a more serious note: If the song is available from 0am JP time, wouldn't that mean the EU would get it 7 hours earlier? at 5 pm Sunday?

Or how do streaming services and iTunes stuff work with timezones?

18 hours ago, Seelentau said:

On a more serious note: If the song is available from 0am JP time, wouldn't that mean the EU would get it 7 hours earlier? at 5 pm Sunday?

Or how do streaming services and iTunes stuff work with timezones?

No. It gets released on the actual release date according to time zone. 

19 minutes ago, benzaiten._ said:

https://music.apple.com/jp/album/ochita-koto-no-aru-sora-single/1524585884

Now are available some short previews of the songs,it seems that they changed a little the lyrics in Clever Sleazoid huh

”Wake up you're dead”, ”One day I will f**k your parents”, ”This is the last time~” remained unchanged.