YuyoDrift

Laputa - E・m・a・d・a・r・a (絵~エマダラ~斑)

Laputa - E・m・a・d・a・r・a (絵~エマダラ~斑)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite songs from the album?

• ALKALOID
    • LOWSPIRITED
    • MONOCHROME
    • REINCARNATION MORNING
    • MOVE ON DARKNESS
    • S.C.
    • MARK MARS
    • OVER MIND
    • EVE
    • STAY
    • FREESIA
  2. 2. How many stars would you rate this album out of 5?

• ★★★★★ - "Their Best Album Ever!"
    • ★★★★ - "A Memorable Album!"
    • ★★★ - "Decent Listening Experience!"
    • ★★ - "Not As Good As Their Earlier Stuff."
    • ★ - "People Like This Album?"

b17d77dd5281449c83b201504b417b5b.webp#b1

16346-image.medium.jpg

Release: 1997年06月25日

Label: Toshiba EMI

Tracklist:

1. ALKALOID

2. LOWSPIRITED

3. MONOCHROME

4. REINCARNATION MORNING

5. MOVE ON DARKNESS

6. S.C.

7. MARK MARS

8. OVER MIND

9. EVE

10. STAY

11. FREESIA

Let me know what you think of the album!

Monochrome has always been a favorite of mine. Definitely very vk sounding, I just love it.

Reincarnation morning is one of the most magical songs I've ever heard. It's just so mysterious yet so heart-touching; it's like achieving getting out of the deepest abyss, like a storm vanishing and giving life a new opportunity. I've never had the opportunity to read decently translated lyrics, but harmony and melody arrangements definitely talk about something like morning and reincarnating. Listening to it feels like a very cathartic moment, waved but peaceful at the very end. A masterpiece.

Edited by saiko

in all seriousness, this might be my second favorite album of theirs after cakera. it gets a little slow after REINCARNATION MORNING (I really really don't care for MOVE ON DARKNESS, it drags the album down), but it picks up very nicely again with MARK MARS. it took me a while to sit down and actually give Emadara a fair shot, but it was worth it. required listen for those interested in classic/old vk.

Edited by saishuu

Wow I messed up the song selection option haha.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:34 PM, saishuu said:

this might be my second favorite album of theirs after cakera

It was honestly tough to choose one of the two to feature, but I continuously see music from Emadara being referenced as favorites by Laputa fans. It's also my favorite of the two so 😜.

These guys are a master of their craft and EMADARA proves it. It's like a story being told, a rollercoaster ride, as well as an acted out play, all in one with these songs. My favorites are just like many others: "MOVE OF DARKNESS", "MONOCHROME", and "FREESIA". The chords in these tracks are just a marvel to listen to, down to the resonance, which I feel is missed by many musicians of today.

I just recovered some of my old music and this post made for the perfect excuse to dig this album out of the vault.  Its been so long that its gonna be like hearing it for the first time again. I'm only two songs in and its a banger, but I'm getting all of the nostalgic feeeeeelllssss.

Edit:

Move On Darkness stands out from the previous songs in a good way and the ending vocals gave me tingles. B.C. is just one of those songs that is very easy to listen to without being boring. The guitar solo breaks it up nicely, so for that I love it. I'll listen to Eve just for the piano intro. Freesia is definitely the perfect way to end to the album. Overall, I'm team Move On Darkness as my favorite. I just viiibbbe with it. The album is very cohesive and like others have said it has that story telling quality that sets apart an album from being just music, to an entire experience. 

Edited by zimzalamateo
Adding review info.