AnchuAnchor

Poor use of foreign languages in visual kei

I'm sure you're all familiar with the sometimes awkward use of English in songs (not just vk). So, since this is really commonplace, feel free to drop examples in here, like unexpected Russian, Spanish or even Latin lyrics that may have caught you by surprise! I know I love it when I spot broken German:'))))

Edited by AnchuAnchor

I was searching for GOATBED lyrics but suddenly found Shuji's interview (as la' royque de zavy "member")...

fGDU1GuS24I.jpg

Edited by 少女椿

10 minutes ago, hopefully_benign said:

Day owaranai Endless rain
sou mou ichido Once again
What time is it now?
wakaranai kaerenai
Game Playstation2

Gotta love La' royque de zavy 

Edited by AnchuAnchor

XA-VAT/Shuuji is the master of this usually. Just to have some German (and who knows what else) in here too:

BMW Bis bald
Rozenkohl Tschuss das
Verrat Kugelschreiber

DER MACH E-Z
ADSR EG

1Body 4Legs 8Arms Chameleon Face

Basically all of Dir en Grey tbh even their band name is an amalgam of "cool sounding white people words"

The romance squad (Gackt era Malice Mizer, LAREINE, Kamijo solo, etc.) weren't exactly fluent in French, nor did actual French people proof-read their stuff. It's strangely endearing? I mean, they're doing their ganbare best, I can't fault them for trying.  

ju te veux, the French monologue in Mayonaka, some LAREINE songs like this one... I'm strangely touched.

Haha, the awkward use of English can be pretty interesting even if it makes little sense, I think it's like stated above it's often just "cool sounding" words that are thrown in generally. But yeah remember one song by REIGN that used English events like "Christmas, Halloween, Birthday" (I don't remember the exact line now) but it was actually pretty catchy in the song, fit the rhythm of the chorus pretty well, so even if it's awkward it can sometimes work I guess. The one I came across recently that killed me was the song title "Everything Gives Me Chance What I Love It" by Mizuki Ohira which is a shame it has such a clunky title when it's such a beautiful song. 

Some Ling Tosite Sigure's song titles have awkward use of english like "I Not Crazy Am You Are" or  "a over die" (Well, this is not a VK case). Also, DEXCORE's lyrics in general are a case of bad use of english, i really love that band but their use of it on their lyrics is so BAD that hurts

Edited by benzaiten._
Redaction

21 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

XA-VAT/Shuuji is the master of this usually. Just to have some German (and who knows what else) in here too:

BMW Bis bald
Rozenkohl Tschuss das
Verrat Kugelschreiber

DER MACH E-Z
ADSR EG

1Body 4Legs 8Arms Chameleon Face

That's why I'm scared to find myself surrounded by singing GOATBED fangirls, most of his lyrics are like this, and I feel myself really embarrassed and don't really know whether I want this experience or not 😶

On 5/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, benzaiten._ said:

Some Ling Tosite Sigure's song titles have awkward use of english like "I Not Crazy Am You Are"

Yoda talked has 

I do wonder though how do those singer that talk 2 words english always get to all that english in their songs. Google? taking out a dictonary and choose a random word out of it?

tbh it doesnt disturb me ! why? because vk we know iniyiated in japan so of course thry will soeak japanese over any other language more fluently. i persoanlly cant say its wrong to hear japanese VK artist sing other langauges actually ok for me becuz they want to get global view music not just based on there own lands. nothing wrong with learning and not bring well we all learn new lanaguges diffrent pace as we grow we find intrest and then tht leads to learning. so nothing wrong using other langauges in the VK works and langauge variations in each genre from eng to spanish

On 8/11/2020 at 11:48 PM, KrumpingChihuahua said:

Yoda talked has 

I do wonder though how do those singer that talk 2 words english always get to all that english in their songs. Google? taking out a dictonary and choose a random word out of it?

Whenever I see decent/not atrocious use of English in VK I assume they just paid someone on the Japanese equivalent of fiver to do it. 

About his english the responsability is the poor education in schools goverment took english education like a hobby  when its a social tool.

"November 15th" by Nothing's Carved In Stone. Just a sample of the power of engrish!! Tbh, most of their english songs are in broken engrish, which is sad because I really like this band. In this one, it sounds like a patchwork of catchphrases. Imagine me at their gig, the crowd singing along lyrics they don't/can't understand :)

November 15th

Nothing's Carved In Stone

Even if I
Saw the future
Would I know what
To do when it became clear

And I breathe
It's so damn
Dry it makes me
I don't have the
Strength to stop myself
Gone too far this time