Yukami

New band "ALTEiD" has formed

4 hours ago, Yukami said:

New band "ALTEiD" has formed. Their first live will be on  2020/07/08.

EYh2yg2VcAAWqP0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

"ALTEiD" members:

vo. k-not

gt. uki

gt. TP

ba. みっちー 

EYh2vBGUMAIsrz3?format=jpg&name=medium

Twitter

latest?cb=20160707070902

wow what the fuck is this. I wasn't expecting much, but I listened to the SoundCloud song a few times and quite enjoyed it even tho it wasnt what id anticipate...but this sounds like when you go to an all inclusive package resort hotel on the red sea and the hotel chain has a special generic summer song with their resort name in it that they play by the beach volleyball. 

The people who were calling that the next fad to replace the Metalcore trend in VK would be KPOP and soundcloud music were right. Guess that makes 8P-SB true pioneers, lol.

I know I am ranting and whining a lot about it that it's insufferable, but still… I am very bothered by the direction VK has taken in the last ten years. I know rock music has lost it's mainstream  popularity and kids these days aren't rebelling by listening to edgy guitar based music, but by jamming to Billie Eilish and Lil Peep and whoever they are. But I feel VK's identitiy is so strongly tied to rock, even the stuff that was quite electronic (like Schwarz Stein) reflected it through its songwriting and -structure. That kinda changed with the advent of first western Metalcore copycats (which imo deprived VK of its unique blend of sound of post-punk and Heavy Metal) and then the introduction of annoying dance and electronic beats and shitty "synths".

Now we reached the point where stuff like is so far removed from what VK was.  Can't say if it's good or bad, it's evolving after all and that can't be stopped… but I am worried that VK, which is already meaningless and super niche in japan, will just completely dissolve and assimilate into this big pot of "hip" pop and  microgenre stuff. Not sure if I make sense, it's a bit tricky to express what irks me.

Edited by Ikna

11 minutes ago, Ikna said:

I am worried that VK, which is already meaningless and super niche in japan, will just completely dissolve and assimilate into this big pot of "hip" pop and  microgenre stuff. 

I think this synthesizes pretty much my own current state of mind with VK.

Also, great analysis overall!