Sign in to follow this  
Yukami

THE BLACK COMET CLUB BAND new album "LA VIE EN ROSE" has been released

THE BLACK COMET CLUB BAND 4th full album "LA VIE EN ROSE" has been released at 2020/05/17.

EYsMvxCUMAEe9nb?format=jpg&name=900x900

EZB3TASUwAEMJyv?format=jpg&name=900x900

TrackList:

1. El Rosa

2. Mexican Standoff

3. Plan B

4. Guess Death

5. 無人島ロック

6. 車道

7. How High?

8. Red Sun

9. All Right

10. Magnolia

11. Born To Be Bone

12. La Vie En Rose

13. 明日になれば

14. Hasta La Vista

15. Elminator

Good to hear Papa Tetsu keeps truckin' along.

The piano intro sounds almost like it could have been written by MALICE MIZER, haha.

This new album sounds alot better than their previous ones since it seems to have a little of everything. I used to love all things Tetsu but then he started fragmenting his songwriting into so many different bands that and I've felt it's missing that energy he would have when he channeled into one project.
nil is the punk rock stuff now. JuneJulyAugust is for the mellow and slow songs. The Black Comet Club Band is the fun rock numbers. And Zigzo is for more classic pop rock. Back in 2014, he released 3 albums from the above bands (except TBCCB) and it sort of worked but at the same time felt like he was creatively burning out doing too much. Anywho...

The new TBBCCB album is available digitally on most major platforms like:
https://www.amazon.com/Rose-BLACK-COMET-CLUB-BAND/dp/B088LJ5ZCW/

And officially on CD from their website:
https://mongolian.shop-pro.jp

Also, Tetsu has been posting on the Afro Skull Records Youtube page with home recordings during the lockdown there.The first few weeks he just did it by himself covering songs and his back catalogue. More recently he's been performing alongside TBCCB's drummer Jin Terui as their session unit 'Tetsujin' or 'Iron man'.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0FsOnTvzd0d_s-Xeyun3bg

1 hour ago, carddass said:

Also, Tetsu has been posting on the Afro Skull Records Youtube page with home recordings during the lockdown there.The first few weeks he just did it by himself covering songs and his back catalogue. More recently he's been performing alongside TBCCB's drummer Jin Terui as their session unit 'Tetsujin' or 'Iron man'.

HOLY FUCK, they did so many videos! :'DDD

This one's great, Tetsu can't help striking the Himuro Pose™ every 20 seconds, lmao.

14 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

HOLY FUCK, they did so many videos! :'DDD

This one's great, Tetsu can't help striking the Himuro Pose™ every 20 seconds, lmao.

I never listened to the original before, nor anything from BOOWY, but the first clip that came up on Youtube showed Himuro doing that pose. lol

Edited by carddass

A streaming live took place today at Shinjuku Loftt and can be purchased here for 3000yen until June 12th.
https://loft-prj.zaiko.io/_item/326744

More info on the official TBCCB page: https://theblackcometclubband.com/2020/06/02/20200607/

Although it says it's a 'The Black Comet Club Band' Online Virtual Tour gig, underneath it it says performance by Tetsu Takano. Perhaps it will be just an acoustic with him performing songs?

3000 yen for a streaming... that's expensive. Oh well usually their gigs are 4500yen(paid in advance).  so a bit cheaper😅

Their CD is also 3000yen, so they kinda expensive band anyway. (Lot's of normal rock bands sell their CD's for 2500yen maxium (tax off))

but anyway their twitter is

https://twitter.com/afro_skull

I already paid for 3 other amazing gigs. so.. kinda skip the rest for this month 🤣

I just purchased the live before they stop distributing tomorrow.
It's only 57 minutes long and it's just Tetsu Takano performing solo on plugged in acoustic guitar. In the past he has played some amazing setlists as a solo singer. This setlist is just meh. He performs songs from The Black Comet Club Band, The JuneJulyAugust , nil and Zigzo. Although none of the slower / ballady ones that would sound amazing on semi-acoustic. (Sleep, nani kara nani made, Sayonara DaVinci, etc) Here are some of the songs he plays:

nil - Longing Long
The JuneJulyAugust - Every Single Night
Zigzo - Forever Love

TBCCB - La Vie en Rose

The video and sound quality are excellent. It's 1080p from what looks like a proper camera / DSLR lens and the soundboard audio is crystal clear which hasn't been the case for many lockdown gigs I've seen so far.

As a die-hard Tetsu fan (any Mega 8 Ball love here?!), I don't mind paying 3000 yen for this. But if you subtract the intro and outro stuff, it's roughly only him playing for about 50minutes.  As a casual fan, the money would probably be better spent buying the Black Comet Club Band albums digitally.

Well the money also goes to LOFT. so you helped to safe LOFT with buying a ticket.

And yes their streaming quality is damn great. (I watched 2 different streams)(I also did record them :D

So loft gigs, I recommend to support! 

I'll check the album later.

2 hours ago, BrenGun said:

Well the money also goes to LOFT. so you helped to safe LOFT with buying a ticket.

And yes their streaming quality is damn great. (I watched 2 different streams)(I also did record them :D

So loft gigs, I recommend to support! 

I'll check the album later.

True, I forgot about that. The fact that they used vimeo to distribute the stream also costs more money than average and is a good move on their part. Vimeo uses a better bitrate and the encoding generally has little to no macroblocking compared to nearly most of the other platforms except maybe Netflix and Amazon.

I just hope after everything somewhat gets back to normal that all of the Japanese artists will continue to do online lives. I've been waiting years for this to happen, whether live streaming or selling pre-recorded concerts.

They just streamed a live from Shinjuku Loft which will be able to view until June 25th.
https://loft-prj.zaiko.io/_item/327133?show=7fb98cf34b4d8de3e30249c6e5831715

It's roughly 55 minutes of the band playing new songs and a few older ones.
The editing, video and sound quality are all excellent. If you skipped out on that other Tetsu solo gig from Shinjuku Loft recently, this one one is definitely worth the 3000 yen!

Sign in to follow this