Sign in to follow this  
Desqui

Animal Crossing

I did it. I made the thread.

Post all your AC qualms and non qualms here. What's happening with you :3

I just got New Horizons a few weeks ago for the first time ever playing when everyone else is so I can actually make bells off turnips, visit people, have visitors, and gather so much crap then fly off and dump it on someone else. While it's fun to be part of the hype at the time of the hype, and it's great knowing exactly what I want is a DM away, I'm already tuning out discord, YT (bunch of USELESS videos anyway!), etc to get back to the AC slow life. Especially the newest update bringing in everybody's complaints about the game, maybe it's just the new fans but dang everybody needs to chill. 

However I'm thinking I should gain as much turnip bells now before everyone jumps off the NH train so I can continue playing bell stress free for the next 5 years. 

If I wasn't playing this I'd be playing Morrowind or Skyrim, and in Skyrim I was on a search for every iron ore vein on horse going back and forth to my house to drop it off, so walking around my island to hit 6 stones in a fancy get up is very happy-go-lucky in comparison.

I bought the game right when it came out, yet I hadn't progressed as much as some people who seemed to sink 30-60 hours into it the very first week they got it. I think playing it so much at a time and unlocking most achievements and collecting all the stuff in the museum too fast kills the enjoyment of the game. Back in the old days when you didn't have as many possibilities and as much to do it wasn't unusual to take your time and approach the game slowly, and mostly check in to do your routine stuff and ofc for the events.

I usually don't play more than a few hours a day, that way I still have enough to do to keep me occupied with the game for the next two years, because that's the time span nintendo announced online updates for. 

There is indeed a lot of hype atm and sadly also a lot of drama. Personally I don't care about what others do and wether or not they do time travel. I don't really watch others playing the game, unless I need tips for a specific thing, like an event. I know for myself that I don't want to rush it and slowly build my progress until I get really bored with it, hopefully in a few years.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:32 PM, Ikna said:

it wasn't unusual to take your time and approach the game slowly, and mostly check in to do your routine stuff and ofc for the events.

....that's the time span nintendo announced online updates for. 

Ah, I didn't know there was a time span. I wonder how many people will still be playing. 

I think for me I did the right thing buying it a little later because I LOVED diving in New Leaf so I didn't have to wait too long for it to return :D and at first I didn't like how we have to craft (I have to craft/repair in all my other games! why too in AC? T__T), but now I really like collecting DIYs, and in fact, crafting makes the game Slower ❤️ lol I don't mind that. Hmm, how did we get tools in NL? Did we just buy them? :lol:

I remember not getting a few bugs or fish and patiently anticipating the Next Year to catch them. I'd plan for a year. lol But I think it's somehow easier to get "rare" bugs and fish in NH, similar to how easy to get them it was just by going to Tortimer's island (I guess that makes them not rare tho?), and I worry a little that it will cut down how long I'll play the game. 

I told myself I wouldn't think about the villagers as if they're real but I've become slightly invested...

Since I'm more of a fishing/bug catching type of player, I'll only buy something if it fits as a villager's gift. Even now when I go try and get free stuff from someone's island, I'm thinking "Oh, this will work well with Gloria's style." Ok self... :rolleyes:

I found out I got 4 stars today, but I don't know how. I've been terraforming, but I'm not much of a decorator. I like to leave things where they fall, see... So I hope I randomly stumble into five stars as I go about doing nothing... what's 5 stars for again? rare flowers? :P

And if any one wants to be friends, I don't have cool stuff, but I can hang.

I haven't played since Thanskgiving week and failed to participate in Turkey day. I found an awesome discord community which can basically provide anything I want, no charge. And because of that community I was really trying to get rid of a ton of items so the new storage update is counterproductive lol

But anyways HEHEHE I had no idea Hazuki was playing! I've watched Merry play games but Yuu refuses to play ACNH

His laugh! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not sure it's safe for me to start playing again due to my current employment status, but if I do I plan to TT back to Turkey Day and go from there. I don't TT often really and right now I am nicely set 1 day 1 hour behind everyone which helped me catch events during my work schedule. Hopefully I can TT back though, I know there've been some patched changes on that.

2 hours ago, Desqui said:

I'm not sure it's safe for me to start playing again due to my current employment status, but if I do I plan to TT back to Turkey Day and go from there. I don't TT often really and right now I am nicely set 1 day 1 hour behind everyone which helped me catch events during my work schedule. Hopefully I can TT back though, I know there've been some patched changes on that.

I THINK you can go back to re-experience events, but they changed it so you can't time travel forward to go to an event. Everything else TT-wise I don't think has been affected.

Turkey Day was ok, it was cute and fun, but I liked halloween more. I also didn't play as much after October so didn't have much stuff to decorate my island with so it didn't feel as festive

I did go back successfully and have been playing a bit here and there since. Its boring though so I have decided to think about completing my terraforming. At first I was going for closed off like Shutter Island and keeping all my villagers in one place as prisoners because I hated running around looking for them, but now that I have all reactions and winter is coming, I'm thinking make a main street and throw all the villagers into some mountains... my original plan before hating on the game lol

I had gathered a bunch of skeletons, fossils and rocks to decorate the sheer cliffs too. Oh well.

On 12/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, ghost said:

Turkey Day was ok, it was cute and fun, but I liked halloween more. I also didn't play as much after October so didn't have much stuff to decorate my island with so it didn't feel as festive

I really thought this was going to introduce cooking. They already have gathering materials and creating, might as well go all the way. Initially I was kinda irritated they added material gathering because I do that in all my other (few) games already xS why make me work more.

Sign in to follow this