Jump to content
spockitty

Dead links in the dl section

Recommended Posts

How about moving the threads with dead links to the request section? Or alternatively adding a tag signifying it as dead (like "needs re-up" or sth). 

 

Now, I realize there are 386 pages in the subforum and that's only vk, but I'm willing to offer my time to wade through that if anyone thinks it'd be useful at all. 

After one initial look through, I think it could be done only to the threads where someone is requesting a re-up. 

 

I know it seems like a massive amount of work just to assuage the frustration of finally finding some release only to realize the thing is dead, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what people think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea! As well as this I think there are people that probably have the files or have downloaded them but haven't re-uploaded them because they don't know the link is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 3:06 AM, nekkichi said:

I typically quietly dm someone requesting a re-up provided I have the release in somewhat decent quality,

 

it's up to you if you want to spend time manually crawling through the entire section tho.

I do that too lol. Sometimes I post the link on the topic if I think it's a good release to be shared :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, felipar said:

I do that too lol. Sometimes I post the link on the topic if I think it's a good release to be shared :D 

i don't post it in public bc I typically don't remember where I got the files from and/if uploader had a no repost rule tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly can attest to this. I usually waste time scrolling through some dead posts. Sometimes i end up re-uploading within the same thread anyway but This can be useful to clear out space and prevent double posts. Some posts get dead for so long but end up being a real good upload.  I also notice that some links get posted in the request section itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axius said:

I honestly can attest to this. I usually waste time scrolling through some dead posts. Sometimes i end up re-uploading within the same thread anyway but This can be useful to clear out space and prevent double posts. Some posts get dead for so long but end up being a real good upload.  I also notice that some links get posted in the request section itself. 

well yeah, the idea kind of died though, cause I can't exactly do it without help from one of the mods. I can make a list, but someone higher up the chain would need to actually rename/move the threads. and so far no input if they think it's a waste of time or someone would be willing to take care of the other half of the work ^^;; 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spockitty said:

well yeah, the idea kind of died though, cause I can't exactly do it without help from one of the mods. I can make a list, but someone higher up the chain would need to actually rename/move the threads. and so far no input if they think it's a waste of time or someone would be willing to take care of the other half of the work ^^;; 

 

 

This is true but that goes for most of what is in the suggestion topic. 

Edited by Axius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh it's actually a good idea, it will clear up the dl-section but it's going to be a lot of work to check EVERY topic to find dead links. 
 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:01 AM, spockitty said:

well yeah, the idea kind of died though, cause I can't exactly do it without help from one of the mods. I can make a list, but someone higher up the chain would need to actually rename/move the threads. and so far no input if they think it's a waste of time or someone would be willing to take care of the other half of the work ^^;; 

 

 


I wouldn't mind to take up this job if I had any privilege on the forum. But imagine how many days this will take👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...