Seelentau

New band "DIR EN GREY Ambient Collection" has formed, proceeds to release 37-part ambient version of Ranunculus

Okay, not a "new" new band, but:

ab67616d0000b273702383f84ca813199168736e

“DIR EN GREY Ambient Collection" available on music subscription portals!

DIR EN GREY will be releasing 'DIR EN GREY Ambient Collection' on various music portals.

As a first one we get the well known version of 'Ranunculus' that was used as the ending theme for their concerts.

By playing an album on repeat on music streaming websites you can help support your favourite artist.

You can listen to it as a BGM while working, studying, reading or before going to bed.

There are plans to add more music in the future, so we hope you will stay tuned!

DIR EN GREY Ambient Collection

『Ranunculus (Ambient Ver.)』

■Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1rwgPBR9UP523LS4m3P1aT?si=RbpfEsGqQ2WirS2fz3GJjA

■LINE MUSIC

■Amazon Music

■AWA

※Apple Music, Google Play Music and more will follow soon.

※artist name in this case is DIR EN GREY Ambient Collection.

also, translated by Kyotaku: Kaoru twitter 2020.07.20

'Ranunculus (Ambient Ver) is a 20 min track that got cut into 37 short 30~35 second tracks.

It's a way of gaining more profit by having it out as an album.

We're searching for new paths in this world that plunged into the unknown times.

Tags: I also have it on repeat tonight

The parts are all about 30 seconds long.

Thanks, I HATE it (or more specifically, I hate the track hiccupping every time it changes part), I didn't even finish 2 minutes of the track.

Is this a late april fools joke?

31 minutes ago, blacktooth said:

Chill/melancholic ambient MIDI beats to relax/study to

The joke is that you cannot even do it with how it hiccups from part to part every 30 seconds.

Edited by Arkady

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

It's a way of gaining more profit by having it out as an album.

Kaoru sisT have you considered a more expensive deluxe CD type for your.... summer single?.. with one extra track instead of a zillion pointless portions??

Just now, nekkichi said:

Kaoru sisT have you considered a more expensive deluxe CD type for your.... summer single?.. with one extra track instead of a zillion pointless portions??

Nah, they already have Pia MM Arena special package edition, or whatever the full name is.

5 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

Nah, they already have Pia MM Arena special package edition, or whatever the full name is.

I'm not even talking about all other possible options i.e. a tote bag + CD inside or a signature kaoru jenkem vape pen + micro USB with the audio

a VK band having a money milking idea shortage is kinda surprising u know

Edited by nekkichi

45 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I'm not even talking about all other possible options i.e. a tote bag + CD inside or a signature kaoru jenkem vape pen + micro USB with the audio

a VK band having a money milking idea shortage is kinda surprising u know

Well, iirc they were selling Sogai merch even though the tour was cancelled.
I guess money milking doesn't associate with their "painful darkness of inner world and hate tempo"

Dir en grey X Aphex Twin please

3 minutes ago, Tokage said:

passionately waiting for DIR EN GREY Instrumental Reggae Collection to debut in the latter half of the year

Hide had a reggae song on his 'tune-up' release so we're not a million miles away!

Oh wow. I have no words.

It sounds like old MIDI music on anime websites from back in the late 90s. 

I'm here for it.

1 hour ago, seys said:

why the fuck are you people complaining about this??

Because it's idiotic.

They could sell so much material if they wanted to, like, I would pay mad cash for some old live shows or so. Instead they do the bare minimum to get some more cash in.

I know these are dire times for bands, but it's not like DEG has nothing more to offer than one song split into 30+ parts. It's like "here, have some random track, now give us streaming income pls". It's insulting to those who actually wish to support the band and would be willing to.

4 hours ago, Arkady said:

Thanks, I HATE it (or more specifically, I hate the track hiccupping every time it changes part), I didn't even finish 2 minutes of the track.

Is this a late april fools joke?

The joke is that you cannot even do it with how it hiccups from part to part every 30 seconds.

I dont know what your settings are but mine has a perfect flow with no hiccups

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Because it's idiotic.

They could sell so much material if they wanted to, like, I would pay mad cash for some old live shows or so. Instead they do the bare minimum to get some more cash in.

I know these are dire times for bands, but it's not like DEG has nothing more to offer than one song split into 30+ parts. It's like "here, have some random track, now give us streaming income pls". It's insulting to those who actually wish to support the band and would be willing to.

Seriously, I would definitely pay money for early gigs in audio or video form.
Do they really need to experiment in gaming the Spotify system to squeeze out ad plays? I think it has been proven time and again in studies that unless you're streaming millions of songs on a monthly basis, you're not going to get much from Spotify.

They could probably get more money out of a few releases on bandcamp. Although I imagine older veterans at their label would laugh at an idea like that.

It'll be interesting to see how sales for Boris' new album which was released exclusively on bandcamp does. They're also another Japanese band who have worldwide fans. They normally do proper releases on CD and vinyl but I'm sure they'll be making more money per digital sale without the overheard of physical production.

15 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Because it's idiotic.

Same. But at this point I'm starting to suspect that every live performance they did back in 97-03 actually sucked so much that they fear their ~legendary~ beginnings as an iconic band would lost all of that status whenever that stuff sees the light any day lol

That, or I find no reasons why they would ram us with footage from everything 07-onwards and then when the time comes to record an anniversary commentary on their '98 Budokan gig they would fucking show you NOTHING while at the same time you see the members actually watching the footage on a notebook turned upon you...

Edited by saiko

Never thought Diru of all groups would try their hand at scumming Spotify plays. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain... I respect the boys' need to chase those fractions of pennies though 😤

Not my favourite thing from Dir but it is really nice to have on in the background. It's quite soothing. 

It's different, and interesting. Ranunculus has a strong main theme, so it's interesting to hear it used in this ambient, easy-listening, context. I just wish they kept it in its original form and didn't separate it into 37 separate tracks. 

I mean, we're getting into the more obsessive aspects of fandom; but I would enjoy if they released more tracks like these. They must have a whole catalog of intros and outros they've used over the years so it would be cool if they were to release them as some sort of supplement, or standalone feature like on streaming sites as they did here.

I just noticed while recording the song from spotify and cutting it for my collection, it's the same track twice.

Just with a different ending to the second one... and even parts of one part of the whole are the same...

It's so fucking lazy of them, oh man.