Seelentau

New band "DIR EN GREY Ambient Collection" has formed, proceeds to release 37-part ambient version of Ranunculus

Doesn't seem like it's worth the time to make a Spotify account for this. Never used a streaming service before. Not going to start now.

The whole situation with DEG, the fucking awful mastering of their last album, the handling of the latest single, and now this, rubs me completely the wrong way.

18 minutes ago, LIDL said:

They need to make Missa and Gauze available worldwide on Spotify instead. It is only available in EU so far

They need to fix the capitalization before that happens. And fix the band name because it annoys me. 

if you turn on gapless playback it doesn't hiccup, and at that point I don't really care that it's split because it doesn't make any actual difference to listening to it. it's kinda scummy, but I'm not really bothered.

1 hour ago, tallulah said:

if you turn on gapless playback it doesn't hiccup, and at that point I don't really care that it's split because it doesn't make any actual difference to listening to it. it's kinda scummy, but I'm not really bothered.

Yeah, this seems like a thing that’s pretty easy to ignore. It is absolutely split up the way it is to offset the shitty way royalties are set up for streaming services, but it really is a big whatever to me. 

On 7/20/2020 at 9:42 PM, Enki said:

I dont know what your settings are but mine has a perfect flow with no hiccups

I didn't have any problems either. 😕

Not really sure what to make of this, ok to listen to through once I guess but not a huge deal. I am however interested to see where it goes in the future with these ambient projects.

I've just gotten through most of the playlist and find it quite all right to have as bgm whilst I'm working from home.

When Nine Inch Nalis put out Ghost, I thought that was super exciting. Whilst I'd also like to see DEG releasing a super interesting experimental 4 disc jam session extravaganza and pay mad monies for, at least they are expanding their horizons and trying something new(ish)

gvzcljbcfke51.jpg

So this was posted on reddit. Don't know if the numbers are correct, but if they are, man...

They split the song in 37 parts, times $0.00437 is not even 1 dollar for someone listening to the song in its entirety once...

They must be really, really desperate tbh.