suji

アスティ(asty) Vo.タケル (takeru) goes missing --> has departed + activity pause

アスティ (asty) has announced that they have lost contact with Vo.タケル (takeru) as of July 21, as he has deleted his social media and has not answered calls from the rest of the members. On that same day, the band had to resort to having their out-store event and live without him.

The next day, they confirmed that Takeru is safe, via his relatives, but the band has still not be able to contact him directly. They plan on having a discussion about the situation after their next free oneman live on July 23(?). 

EdgGD9BUcAI6v9t?format=jpg&name=medium

EdnIGOKU0AIo2Jj?format=jpg&name=large

I'm glad he's safe but I'm worried about the poor man's mental health. With all that's going on, I don't blame him for having a breakdown. I wonder if they're gonna wait for him to come back when they hear from him, or will they find a new vocalist?

Huh, I wonder what the deal is, since it always seemed like he was the most enthusiastic about the band. He mentioned on YouTube a while back that he is also a medical student or something, so I wonder if he's just overwhelmed.

Hope they're able to work things out.

Takeru leaves the band, but due to some interestingly difficult situations:

He is a medical student in Tokyo and was severely punished by the university for being in the band. He was conflicted and had to make a decision to leave the university to pursue the band full-time, but ultimately decided to quit and concentrate on his medical studies at university. His mother died at the early age of 50 and a few days before his mother passed, he pledged he would graduate from medical school and pass the national medical exam. He feels he can't betray his promise to his mother and had been struggling with managing his school load and band activities over the last few months. He apologizes for his selfish actions while contemplating his decision and temporarily cutting ties with the band and thus has decided to leave the band.

can u imagine working on an actual relevant degree and wasting your time in a deadborn shit-kei band like asty?

slay that exam henny, those host-club side gigs aren't going anywhere soon.

Excuse me? What is this, that someone in charge at an academic place, whomever him/her may be, actually calls off some student

for being in a music project? What the hell has someone from a University to do with a student's private life, mostly if this guy is a grown-up that may do fine in life without some papa or mama scolding him and prohibiting him to go and play with friends until he finishes his homework and tidy up his room...

Also, all this Japanese public movie of "I apologize for being so selfish"... 

Seriously, this is fucking scary.

Just what the hell is this behaviour.

Besides, @nekkichi I would totally say that to the guy if I knew him personally lol

Edited by saiko

Yeah, when he mentioned he was trying to do medical school at the same time as the band, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to end well... His ambition is really commendable, but it definitely seems like it would be way too much to manage at once.

He was the main thing I liked about Asty, so it sucks that he ended up having to quit, but I wish him luck with finishing school.

I mean, while Asty seemed to be doing kind of okay-ish for an independent young band, it's not like they were on the way to selling out the Budokan before COVID hit or something, so I don't think anyone can fault him for making that decision. Especially with the current circumstances.

3 hours ago, patientZERO said:

His mother died at the early age of 50 and a few days before his mother passed, he pledged he would graduate from medical school and pass the national medical exam. He feels he can't betray his promise to his mother and had been struggling with managing his school load and band activities over the last few months. He apologizes for his selfish actions while contemplating his decision and temporarily cutting ties with the band and thus has decided to leave the band.

I did not log on to MH to cry today 😭 Takeru made such a brave choice and I bet his mom would be so proud of him. This world, in its current state, definitely needs more doctors! His actions are anything but selfish and I hope that he realizes that deep inside.

I do have to say this is a crazy story. I honestly believe he should have stayed in the band his mom would have want him happy doing what he loves or what makes him happy. Either route he would have taken im sure his mom would have been happy. I wish Takeru luck in whatever desicions he makes. Sad that the band had to pause because of these events. They were just starting to become more serious too. 😨

Edited by Axius