suji

8P-SB suspends activities

Koichi got cocky and decided he wants to pursue his music/art career alone.

Genki could make some coin being an agony aunt if he wants to take a break from music (see: his youtube)

20 hours ago, suji said:

people are dying

I meant it as joke, like people use to claim someone had the flu and had to stay out of school but they had a cold sore from kissing the school's icky one. Or celebrities who post controversial tweets then suddenly blame it on medication despite the said medication have nothing to do with saying crap. Sometimes a band isnt selling well online or in person and have veen doing so since before the virus hit so they blame it on the virus.

Is it just me who finds it really sketchy and odd that they started selling their merch internationally right after their announcement of suspension of activities? Not to mention those ridiculous prices. $115 for an oversized hoodie with some lettering print in front? 🤣🙄😪

54 minutes ago, IchiHiroya said:

Is it just me who finds it really sketchy and odd that they started selling their merch internationally right after their announcement of suspension of activities? Not to mention those ridiculous prices. $115 for an oversized hoodie with some lettering print in front? 🤣🙄😪

ikr? i wanted the black hoodie with pink logo bt uh... $100+ without counting international shipping? they’re crazy lmaooo.

This “pause in activities” is for the best really. I admire their tenacity in the aftermath of whatever led to end of Mejibray. Mejibray was a decent band in the scene and worked hard to keep it going. It was clear that they had no desire to end Mejibray in the way that it happened. I know that 8P-SB made some cringe – it was as 360 from Mejibray as could be. So be it. Judging 8P-SB on its own merits, they had some catchy tunes here and there but not catchy enough to stand out in the genre to make one pay attention and buy the damn thing! 8P-SB needs a good producer to reign in the impulses and direct the creativity that’s all over the place into a more cohesive sound. With a good producer, 8P-SB may have a shot. Did anyone else get vibes from Genki that he was there to support Koichi but that he didn’t have anything better to do just then – not a crime tho!

8P-SB.com, Ready Player, Starry Night, 8-bit boy single sans the title track, Tyrannosaurus, were all bops. Looking at the lives, you can tell Genki was enjoying himself, so I doubt he was there to support Koichi, they even had individual tracks. If he didn't have input, why would he be support? 

13 minutes ago, JRD said:

8P-SB.com, Ready Player, Starry Night, 8-bit boy single sans the title track, Tyrannosaurus, were all bops. Looking at the lives, you can tell Genki was enjoying himself, so I doubt he was there to support Koichi, they even had individual tracks. If he didn't have input, why would he be support? 

It's called being Japanese

1 minute ago, fruitfork said:

It's called being Japanese

That's a great way of generalizing an entire ethnicity. 

Edited by JRD

I follow someone on Social Media who's a huge fan of 8P-SB (even though said person had been a fan of Mejibray before, yeah, these people exist). And they said after one of 8P-SB's lives that Genki had said that he'll never do anything he doesn't want to do anymore so to me this was very clear he wanted to do what 8P-SB was doing.

I really don't get all the discussion about how crappy they are and how great it is they just stop.

I never listened to them. From the comments on their musical direction and from their looks I was very certain that's not my cup of tea. Yeah fine, if they enjoy themselves go for it. They have fans. For what reason doesn't matter. And comments like how great they finally stop are so disrespectful and hurtful for fans and maybe even the band/artist (not just regarding 8P-SB but for all threads I see comments of that kind). Not liking a style or whatever reason keeps one from liking a band/artist doesn't mean that the project doesn't mean something to the people involved and fans. There's always someone left behind hurt, no matter how crappy the band/artist is in most people's opinions.

his solo works bookshelf and libra truly show story of how he prefers his new project over mejibray..

i support genki both projects.. no prefrence his writting style great way he tells people how he feels and lyrics to also individual solo works speak more of why he happier now than before . i feel he was more sorrow state mejibray yrs vs no 8p-sb

not even about change genre or not looking or sound hardcore or what not

he himself solo work and he writes alot of compare contrast of what likes of now and dislikes of before.

like song bookshelf and libra 

truly explains some aspect of it and his blog writtings.

he open minded person he doesnt need past his band mejibray to be happy he ok with him koichi doing hip hoo rap /trap he does and his lyrics sound raw like he escaped what was holding him back in mejibray...

i just feel he was holding back what he didnt do in mejibray but same time he got tired same and i enjoy transition and band regardless of genre genki and koichi excellent and genki excellent lyric and stage preformer

On 8/25/2020 at 4:45 AM, JRD said:

That's a great way of generalizing an entire ethnicity. 

It's not about ethnicity but culture 🙄

Edited by Leviathan

2 hours ago, Leviathan said:

You do know that ethnicity includes people of the same culture and identity right? Look up both oxford and merriam-webber definition on ethnicity.

Edit: I'm not gonna be here to argue with throwaway accounts, or lurkers about cultural identity and ethnicity. If you ever been to Japan, most people tend to look down upon visual kei bandmen as low lives(High School/Secodary school dropouts(The same with the Otaku stigma)) or they don't even know that that scene still exist.

Edited by JRD

10 minutes ago, JRD said:

You do know that ethnicity includes people of the same culture and identity right? Look up both oxford and merriam-webber definition on ethnicity.

You do know what I wanted to say and I do not appreciate passive-aggressive, non-charitable and unprovoked attacks like your initial post. 

Edited by Leviathan

Well sorry if it came out crass, but with your  🙄 emoji, obviously feels like you're attack me, so of course I'm going on the defensive.

2 hours ago, Leviathan said:

it's literally about neither, a lot of people doing music or anything collaborative together can be hating on each other on the dl while still producing and releasing shit as a unit for like whatever reasons, in this case - milking former gya tiddiessé together

On 8/25/2020 at 6:02 PM, Kuro said:

I follow someone on Social Media who's a huge fan of 8P-SB (even though said person had been a fan of Mejibray before, yeah, these people exist).

These people exist, but I'm afraid they are not band's fan, but bandomen fan, and they will follow every weird idea, so there's no surprise...