Jump to content
KrumpingChihuahua

Shipping, OTP, BroTP, etc

Recommended Posts

I always thought shipping real people is gross, even when I was younger. I do like to see band members with strong, healthy interpersonal relationships though. You know, being able to make edgy jokes, sharing food and going out to eat, working through roadblocks like sickness or multiple side projects. It's fun to watch behind-the-scenes stuff where they're clearly comfortable with each other and are great friends. A good inter-band relationship adds a lot to the band because even if you have an absolutely legendary but soulless, only-here-for-the-money group they're still gonna be less of a fun show than some noobs jammin' out together. Nothing sucks more than having a member who looks like he'd rather deep-throat his own guitar stock than be in the same room with the other guys (and I have seen guys with that look/body language, multiple times).

Edited by Total Saikou
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*looks auspiciously at BL manga shelf and June novels folders* YEAHH ....... don't think I will ever "grow out of" the BL thing ... :hum: On the other hand don't think I've seen bandomen deliberately shipping/fanserviceing (?) eachother in the past decade or so. Actually, when it was a thing I wasn't into BL either so to be honest don't think shipping vk bandomen was ever a thing for me lol.

But of course bandomen interactions are just gold in any way, shape or form as a general rule. Gotta love all that brawling and just throwing each other out of the bar's window y'know. (thanks MH for reminding me this was a thing.)

Edited by Chell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 少女椿 said:

Not really about shipping or otp or something else, but my guilty pleasure is when bandomen write obviously gay stories from their own experience 🙃

When does that happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me forever to understand the title of this thread, I thought it was spam :D

No, I don't ship band members and I don't really see the point, maybe I lack imagination. I barely even ship characters in stories tbh. I think I have a handful of couples I root for and that's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, Total Saikou said:

I always thought shipping real people is gross, even when I was younger.

I am guilty for shipping, when i was younger.  (my excuse is, i was innocent  and dumb)

I do remember a lot of fanfictions with band members back in the days too. 

I actually came somewhere on twitter across a Toshiya x Yoshiki fanfiction and i couldnt stop wondering why the hell did some of us write stuff like this back in the days (the fanfiction was a quite old one) 

 

On 8/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, Total Saikou said:

You know, being able to make edgy jokes, sharing food and going out to eat, working through roadblocks like sickness or multiple side projects. It's fun to watch behind-the-scenes stuff where they're clearly comfortable with each other and are great friends. A good inter-band relationship adds a lot to the band because even if you have an absolutely legendary but soulless, only-here-for-the-money group they're still gonna be less of a fun show than some noobs jammin' out together. 

Thats the stuff i always loved seeing. I still have stuff from the studs where they went into their drummers flat to hide stuff and the drummer had to find the things the did hide. That was funny. 

I feel a bit sorry for thinking about dir en grey for the legendary but soulless part. But i remember i was devasted when i came across them being a workrelation only. I understand they are all different characters and without this solution they might have solved up, but it still leaves me with a strange aftertaste. 

 

On 8/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, Rahzel said:

On the other hand don't think I've seen bandomen deliberately shipping/fanserviceing (?) eachother in the past decade or so. Actually, when it was a thing I wasn't into BL either so to be honest don't think shipping vk bandomen was ever a thing for me lol.

Watching a lot of newer stuff i noticed it a lot too. The fanservice seemed to have calmed down. 

 

On 8/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, Rahzel said:

. Gotta love all that brawling and just throwing each other out of the bar's window y'know. (thanks MH for reminding me this was a thing.)

XDDDD if you really love me, you gotta trow me out of a window. 

 

 

Something i started to wonder after being confronted with kpop-idol X reader fanfictions, i was wondering why this seemed to have never been a thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KrumpingChihuahua said:

Watching a lot of newer stuff i noticed it a lot too. The fanservice seemed to have calmed down. 

 

Something i started to wonder after being confronted with kpop-idol X reader fanfictions, i was wondering why this seemed to have never been a thing? 

It really has, hasn't it? Feels like bands woke up one day and went "why did we ever think that was good practice to attract fans?" (because let's be honest, they probably drew in sum weird kinds of frothing female masses thru it) ... I "went back" to checking vk releases somewhat recently and it surprised me that I find myself shipping "pink haired uwu k-pop boys" but not vk bandomen but that's just the reality we all live in. Weird. 👀 

 

Glad we never went that low tho 

 

As an afterthought. I take back what I said on the other post. Recently I have been watching videos by older bands and realizing that when they did the onstage fanservice thing it was often cringy/forced and maybe my "nay" has always been less about the ~bl 💖 ~ and more like I wasn't into it back then as I am not into it now lol. My pink haired uwu k-pop boys look cute when they cuddlin and acting like a married couple sry 

Edited by Rahzel
Fujoshi antics I guess lmaoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...