Wakarimashita

JILUKA new mini album XTOPIA release 14/10/2020

Well it certainly is better than the standards set with "Ignite" alone, but nothing really mind blowing in my opinion. Just Jiluka being Jiluka minus those great moments that will pull you back in for repeat listens over and over.

56 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Well it certainly is better than the standards set with "Ignite" alone, but nothing really mind blowing in my opinion. Just Jiluka being Jiluka minus those great moments that will pull you back in for repeat listens over and over.

That's Menace you are looking for. I was so surprised they graced us with some dirty shredding again. It's a great, great track. But ye, I tend to agree, although this album feels much more "old JILUKA" if you get my point.

Edited by Wakarimashita

Honestly for this band i wish they dropped there power metal vibe on some songs. Then again thats just me nit picking this release isnt bad. Ignite i feel like its a song meant to be played live for some reason i get that vibe from that. 

I liked it, definitely not their best though.  The Purge was my favorite on it by far. I like that their was a consistent atmosphere throughout the album that wasn't disrupted by any of the songs which I felt like happened in their previous releases.

It was absolutely brilliant, everything I hoped for.

Didn't top Divine Error and The Purge is vocally just too strained to be enjoyable, but still, they've been killing it these last two years.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:42 AM, 123Sandman321 said:

It was absolutely brilliant, everything I hoped for.

Didn't top Divine Error and The Purge is vocally just too strained to be enjoyable, but still, they've been killing it these last two years.

I agree The Purge sounds vocally strained, but it is an amazing track nevertheless. 

Ignite is 100% a song to play live. 

The whole album is consistent and definitely keeps the theme and atmosphere there at all times.

PD: I have a couple of copies available if anyone wants one after DL-ing it. 

Edited by Komorebi

On 10/16/2020 at 9:32 PM, Wakarimashita said:

That's Menace you are looking for. I was so surprised they graced us with some dirty shredding again. It's a great, great track. But ye, I tend to agree, although this album feels much more "old JILUKA" if you get my point.

Yeah it definitely has a vibe from their earlier works which is awesome and yeah it's consistently good stuff, wasn't a single song I hated (just think ignite is a bit bland) or anything, but just doesn't have any real memorable moments or unexpected/nice twists and turns that they've had before. It's still a good release, just nothing exceptional for me.