Kiyoharu is God

BAROQUE - Ryo retires from music. Band suspends activites indefinitely. Kei announces new solo album.

http://pigmy.jp/news/997/

Ryo is retiring from music. So, Kei has decided to suspend the band activities. They are cancelling all remaining dates of their 「BAROQUE TOUR SAINTS OR SINNERS」 tour. There's a lengthy message from Ryo detailing his reasons for retiring. It seems to be that he's both tired physically and mentally of performing. If someone wants to get into more detail go ahead.

This is a major bummer as he's become one of my favorite vocalists since giving BAROQUE a shot a few years ago. I've loved their music.

In other news, Kei announced a new solo album last week so he'll be continuing as a musician.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

i used to follow baroque more in the past, but i really liked them so im sad that Ryo is retiring... but at the same time i understand that it is useless to continue if there is no more pleasure in doing so.

Edited by asagaos

Oh man. This hurts. Baroque was at their prime during their early releases and helped shape my musical taste in high school. 

This really sucks but I could tell Ryo and Kei were over the revamped baroque. It just wasn't the same. 

I am glad that Kei is making a new album though. He's extremely talented and silk tree is one of the greatest albums ever tbh. I'm excited for it.

Wow, that's too bad... I wasn't the biggest fan of their stuff after they came back from their break but the last album SIN DIVISION was actually their strongest post-hiatus release for me! Shame that the whole situation led to this, but hoping they'll each find happiness in what they do in the future individually.

my heart skipped a bit at first, but when you follow those guys for almost 20 fuckin years, there's certain things your gut tells you

Ryo has always dealt with mental health problems, kei first solo act was born after Ryo's biggest breakdowns. I mean, the dude has written a book on the matter

Cancelling tours and suddenly suspending activities points me to another one of those. Kei has been working on solo stuff for a while, so I'm sure he was somewhat prepared for something like this

This saddens me AF, but I'm pretty sure we'll hear more from Ryo in due time.

Hope he rests, get well, and make a comeback ASAP. If not, we just lost one of the most influential acts of 00's VK. Cheers to a legendary one!

Edited by chemicalpictures

was not expecting this news at all....he's one of my favorite vocalists of all time 😢

i get the feeling that he'll come back someday and maybe a good rest is all he needs. whatever he plans to do from now on, i wish him all the best~

This year is really sucks one side I'm glad to know that Kei still continues to do music but I'm sad for Ryo,  I hope doesn't suffer from severe depression and adjustment disorder like happenned to him in 2008.

I wish him the best  for fight this trials and many succes for his new life

Oh man. baroque and kannivalism were both bands I followed for a long time. However, I know Ryo has suffered some mental health struggles. Not only that, but he's simply been in the music scene for a long time. I could sit here all day and go on about how I used to listen to him all the time, but just as my life and listening habits has changed, so has his in the sense that it's probably just a different time in his life and I'm sure he still has a love for music. But even things you're passionate about and the things you love can change, so maybe he just needs to appreciate it from afar. Out of the lime light. 

Hard to tell as of course i'm not him...

But, I'm actually looking forward to Kei's solo stuff, I did quite enjoy it in the past.