futoshi92

GYZE

6359.jpg

Ryoji Shinomoto - Vocals, Lead Guitar

Shuji Shinomoto - Drums

Aruta Watanabe - Bass, Backing Vocals

SHINKAI - Guitar, Music Sequencer

Haven't seen any general threads about artists in the past few months, so why not bring it back? 😄

I'd love to bring up one of the greatest Japanese metal acts of the last few years, namely Gyze.

I've got to know Gyze way back in 2017. They played as a support for Battle Beast and "Northern Hell Song" album was brand new at the time.

I remember even speaking along with my friends with Ryoji, Shuji and Aruta after the show. One hell of a good moment to practice my language skills 😃

My favourite album of theirs would be Asian Chaos, because of traditional Japanese feel to it. That felt like breath of fresh air to me. Eventhough this is their only album I own physically, I still plan to buy the remaining three.

While I not really into death metal, but damn, Gyze is an absolute exception. Thier approach to melodeath is just beautiful!

Here are some of my favourite songs:

Attended their one man gig in 2016(Warsaw, Poland) already being a huge fan. Went through some stuff having Fascinating Violence as a first choice in my mp3 player.  I've traveled from another country  to see them and had high expectations.

They gave me even more.

Small but nice venue. Not a lot of visitors of course, but in the end all of them showed some dedication during the performance. They are great musicians and performers, so there is no need to say that everything went awesome. Mosh wasn't that intense, but was a good addition to the powerful dm riffs and fast mad shredding. Also was great to catch Shuji's wristband and receive a pick from Ryoji who gave it to me directly (and special thanks to Stacy for giving some more cool things at after-party 😻).

They turned out to be super rad, humble, down-to-earth and absolutely comfortable with chatting and drinking with those who stayed after the concert. Even gave some pizza to us. Remember that it was goddamn difficult for manager to take them away from fans because it's obvious that Gyze is exactly that type of the band that do care about "their" ppl ;)

Unforgettable experience. Great band that I will support till the last day. Only adoration and respect to them.

P.s.: wish Shuji will fix everything with his health and come back stronger than before. Just the finest dude to drink with.