Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

MUNIMUNI

@carddass Yeah, in the meantime they put up an actual text of it on the website, so I was able to understand it better. But you got it more or less.

Apparently the person who gets to attend (who will be chosen by lottery if multiple ppl sign up for the gig) will:

- get those gifts you mentioned

- optionally be able to sit down on a "premium sofa" while watching

- be able to sing along to the gig via their own microphone

- have a "dinner show" (i.e. eat while the band plays), which means the members will buy bento at a convenience store for the participant, lol

- be able to request songs from the band, and also an encore

- be able to record parts of the show

- get a special commemorative photo of the show

- get a Blu-ray recording of the show

- be mentioned in the booklet of the new CD coming in 2021

- be able to hear a few songs from the new CD coming in 2021 (at least of what is currently available because the CD is still being recorded)

Edited by Jigsaw9

Wow, I'd be surprised if there is more than one fan trying to get this coveted ticket. It's a cool idea but are there fans out there who will pay that much for munimuni?

Reading the translation makes it even more hilarious. Kanon is quite renowned for his visual kei knowledge, hence his constant use of those buzzwords and key phrases copy and pasted from all of the early VK bands throughout muni's lyrics and flyers, but he sure does know how to make fun of it too like with this "Premium sofa" or "Dinner show" stuff here.

3 minutes ago, carddass said:

I haven't ordered from them in a while, do they do international orders?

I saw them having English-language info up just a few months ago on how to order from overseas.......... but now it looks like that's no longer an option (I suspect due to Corona).* :-( So at first I was like "heck yeah, I'll be able to buy this hassle-free!" and then ".....oh."

* right now they say "OVERSEAS MAIL ORDER will be temporarily suspended."

Edited by Jigsaw9

42 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

I saw them having English-language info up just a few months ago on how to order from overseas.......... but now it looks like that's no longer an option (I suspect due to Corona).* :-( So at first I was like "heck yeah, I'll be able to buy this hassle-free!" and then ".....oh."

* right now they say "OVERSEAS MAIL ORDER will be temporarily suspended."

Damn, that's unfortunate. I'll have to use a buying service for this one then ~_~ I don't think it'll sell out but who knows if they only printed these in limited numbers since they're only selling them at live gigs and at zoisite.

They are streaming the release gig tomorrow, Sept 9th, at twitcasting:
https://twitcasting.tv/ikebukuro_chop/shopcart/23421

23421-d96510a0

In typical munimuni fashion, the availability of viewing it as a livestream wasn't even promoted on twitter or anywhere. I just happened to stumble upon it while browsing through twitcasting's website.

Edited by carddass

Oh strange, copies are available again at Zoisite now... When I wrote that it said it could not be ordered anymore.

False alarm it seems (or maybe they just temporarily took down the option to purchase it).

Looks like it's sold out from zoisite....I actually tried ordering it earlier today through Zenmarket when I could've sworn it was still in stock. They never contacted them in time though. Hopefully zoisite gets some more in stock. Would they really just produce this EP for a what I'm guessing is only a few hundred CD sales?!

Anyone get the new split single? Also who is 101A?

Edited by Mamo

19 hours ago, Mamo said:

Anyone get the new split single? Also who is 101A?

As far as I know, most fans munimuni fans here don't live in Japan and don't get the CDs as soon as they come out so it might be a while before anyone listens to it. I watched the livestream of the release gig last week and the new song and covers sound good live.

Also, zoisite restocked the CD ~ crisis averted moonies!

LOL, they keep us in suspense with the availability of the CD I see... :D

I'll have to wait until I can buy a copy, hopefully they'll have them in stock for a few more weeks.

11 hours ago, Mamo said:

Oh! I'm gonna pick it up if it's in stock. Been listening to emmurée again a lot anyway.

14 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

LOL, they keep us in suspense with the availability of the CD I see... :D

I'll have to wait until I can buy a copy, hopefully they'll have them in stock for a few more weeks.

I contacted zoisite directly via e-mail the other day to ask about Overseas orders and mentioned I am living in Germany.
They said they could ship to me again and I've placed my order.
So depending on which country you're in, they might be able to ship to you again.

1 hour ago, carddass said:

I contacted zoisite directly via e-mail the other day to ask about Overseas orders and mentioned I am living in Germany.
So depending on which country you're in, they might be able to ship to you again.

America but I just use a shopping service.

2 hours ago, carddass said:

Oh that's awesome, thanks for the info! I'll shoot them a mail later about Hungary (I've been ordering stuff from Japan in the past few weeks without issues so hopefully it'll be alright with the Zoisite guys too).

8 hours ago, Mamo said:

America but I just use a shopping service.

I do too for mercari and YJA but it's nice to be able to order directly from the distributors themselves when possible. It's cheaper and hopefully gives them a better impression of their international following.

7 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Oh that's awesome, thanks for the info! I'll shoot them a mail later about Hungary (I've been ordering stuff from Japan in the past few weeks without issues so hopefully it'll be alright with the Zoisite guys too).

I didn't have any problems with shipping from Japan except maybe in March and April when things were really shut down everywhere causing massive delays. After that, I was getting packages from Japan like normal again. I guess I'm lucky here, I heard some nightmare stories from friends living in the US about packages taking forever to arrive.

2 hours ago, carddass said:

I do too for mercari and YJA but it's nice to be able to order directly from the distributors themselves when possible. It's cheaper and hopefully gives them a better impression of their international following.

I've had issues in the past lol Mainly with ordering and then weeks later discovering my order was sold out or to someone else.

I wonder where the ties of 101A with the angura/vk scene comes from... first time I heard about them was years ago and it was through a north-american blog about shoegaze. Their singer also released a collaboration with Jake (ex-Guniw Tools) which includes a nice cover of Portishead's "Glory box".

https://cloudchair.bandcamp.com/album/live-gift 

On 9/25/2020 at 5:30 PM, felipar said:

I wonder where the ties of 101A with the angura/vk scene comes from... first time I heard about them was years ago and it was through a north-american blog about shoegaze. Their singer also released a collaboration with Jake (ex-Guniw Tools) which includes a nice cover of Portishead's "Glory box".

https://cloudchair.bandcamp.com/album/live-gift 

I don't know the 101A well but I believe Matenrou from munimuni works full time or parttime at Ikebukuro Chop. He definitely does the graphic design for most of the flyers, so I'm sure he's familiar with all of the bands that pass through that venue.

And wow, thanks for this bandcamp link.
As being a big David Sylvian fan, I'm really enjoying the covers cloudchair and noah made of Nightporter and Forbidden Colours. How have I not known about this for 9 years?!

Sign in to follow this