Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Gantz

I just bought this anime on DVD and started to watch it over the weekend. And well...It's sick!!

It's really gory, brutal, intense and addicting.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRC3NfhGkgmqv1sJ10kNR8QJd5Du4WYZ2QnKxBRA2WDMxcE9mWHg&t=1

Director Ichiro Itano presents a hellish vision of the afterlife in the brutal horror anime series GANTZ. Transported to a strange post-death limbo, high school student Kei and his childhood friend Kato find themselves in a barren room overlooking Tokyo with a motley group of strangers--including two hot-headed gangsters and a naked young girl--as well as a mysterious black sphere known as Gantz. Kei and Kato soon discover that they and the room's occupants are all dead and have been brought there by Gantz as part of a secret government plot to kill criminal aliens that roam the earth--and that if they refuse their deadly missions, they face a fate even worse than death. Moody, stylish, and animated with veritable buckets of crimson blood, GANTZ plays like a twisted hybrid of YU YU HAKUSHO and LA FEMME NIKITA, with graphic violence and nudity deemed too graphic to be aired on Japanese television without major edits and re-cropping.

LWD_2M85yN4

This anime was ...AWESOME!!! I just finished watching it last week and I have to say its one of my favorite animes now. Though the ending was very cryptic.

I've actually been looking into the manga now and found about the movie. I want to see it, but I'm I don't really have high hopes for it. I'm guessing its going to be as crappy as the deathnote live action movie. I think the only way Gantz might work as a movie was if it was in the hands of some skilled movie producers, screenwriters, and special effects company along with a bid budget. But I'm going to guess that wasn't the case..

The special effects in the trailers do seem a thousand times better than most Japanese movies though. :P

JdGzL9Fm_Ik

teC7PFvluCQ

I'm more worried about the script/story than I am about the graphics, effects and acting. I know Kazunari, Kenichi and Kanata can act, so them being the main cast and a very important character makes me want to see the movie.

looks cool, i really wanne watch some gory anime again, after seen Violence Jack, Berserk, Hokuto no Ken, Elfenlied this looks pretty interesting, gonna try to find a japanese torrent=p the movie looks kick ass aswell!

I read Gantz for VOLUMES when I was in high school.

Was a legit and good plot but since my interest in anime has died down over the years, I haven't been up to date with it.

The movie was released in cinemas in the beginning of this year. There's only an English Dub on the Internet though. So I haven't seen it yet.

Well I was worried about the whole movie in general, but from the trailers it looks pretty decent. I'll still be watching both movies once their dubbed even if its does turn out to another horrible amine live action movie.

*Cough* Dragon Ball*Cough*

First one is online with dub. But I don't think I dare to watch that :P

I'm just going to wait for the subbed version...

The Americans had the opportunity to see the movie before the Japanese. I guess someone must have found the movie and put it online.

The live action movie is finally getting its north American release on august 30. Found a two disc special edition pre-order for 15 bucks that I'm so gonna get.

Kishimoto looks awesome with that super time delay gun

457484-gantz3.jpg

And in her leather suit

1295675152_3.jpg

Gantz looks pretty cool too.

457369-gantz2.jpg

Sign in to follow this