CAT5

Your Musical Pet Peeves...

Album art with the artist's face on it. There are some like this that are very well done (like "Ikuru Sainou" by THE BACK HORN), but usually I find these to be very cheesy for some reason.

Trap instrumentals: They give me flashbacks. Also, I can’t stand them anymore, I always tune out of what the rapper is saying and listen to the looped 5 note instrumental that repeats over and over and over and over and over and----

I think it explains the allure of VK for me in the first place, I can focus on the instrumentals more than the lyrics (at first)

Stupid and or basic lyrics: In my whip that I just crashed, look at all this cash cash cash, bitches sitting on my lap, finna go and get this rack--

Engrish rapping: ‘Nuff said.

I–V–vi–IV: Not this shit again.

EDM drops: I can’t believe I was all young and impressionable during the time when this was all the rage in popular western music. Well, guess what society? I fuckin’ hate it now.

Improper metering: Probably my biggest pet peeve, hands down. I'm specifically referring to when the singer is off beat with the actual instrumental in my case. Two examples I can give for bad meter are the chorus for Taylor Swift's Bad Blood and the intro verses in ADAPTER.'s 僕と君の幸せ For Taylor, the end of every sentence is like one beat too long, it sounds really off when you pay attention. Especially because the last sentence is the only one that stays on the beat while the other ones aren't. In Fuku-san's case, the verses are just... Like listen to them, I love the man but his singing doesn't even begin to match the rhythm of the instrumental at all. He's too fast, he needs to slow way down.

Edited by Total Saikou