Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

Mike Patton & his projects

Mike+Patton.jpg

I'm surprised there isn't a topic for the musical genius that is Mr. Michael Allan Patton! To me he is one the most awesome and amazing musicians ever. He has a really versatile voice (at times beautiful, at times psychotic), and his sense for quirkiness and the avantgare brings out some interesting musical journeys in whatever band or project he may be participating in.

Some notable bands and projects:

- Faith No More

- Mr. Bungle

- Fantômas

- Tomahawk

- Peeping Tom

- solo career, etc.

Favourite Patton stuff? I got to confess, I heard almost zero FNM. My fave band is Mr. Bungle I guess, but Tomahawk and Fantômas are close seconds. His Mondo Cane album's also really sweet stuff.

VNuxlJNFl3o

Adh3db-fiuQ

Jt856_nRxQk

mwrMdusKOMw

Favourite Patton stuff? I got to confess, I heard almost zero FNM. My fave band is Mr. Bungle I guess, but Tomahawk and Fantômas are close seconds.

I have to agree. I grew listening to FNM but knew about the guy with Mr. Bungle.

Awesome talented guy! Been listening to him and his bands for years.

(I would like a Mr. Bungle revival... but that'll not happen *sigh*)

I adore Mr. Bungle but I could never get into FNM at all and it's a damn shame they made a comeback over Bungle.

Everyone went bat-shit crazy when they reunited. Whatever..

And his EP with DEP is gold in every way.

And his EP with DEP is gold in every way.

THIS. I especially love the Come to Daddy cover.

Actually I never bothered listening to FNM, but maybe I will one day. It's just that all these other bands of his seem a lot crazier, so naturally I'm drawn towards them more, lol. xD

i love him. very versatile.

and surely have a huge musical references up on his sleeve.

he taught me what ecletic is about.

and when anybody says he's that great, i know they're speaks nothing but truth.

great artist.

Recently I've been listening to John Zorn's Moonchild albums (his project featuring Mike Patton). Pretty good stuff. I like their first (Moonchild) and third album (Six Litanies For Heliogabalus) the best, but their newest one (Ipsissimus) is quite good too.

ZbGIlLPNd28

I adore Mr. Bungle but I could never get into FNM at all and it's a damn shame they made a comeback over Bungle.

Everyone went bat-shit crazy when they reunited. Whatever..

Leave.

Long live Faith No More and Mr. Bungle!

fix'd

I would go gay for him, seriously. The most handsome man in music business <3

And of course,

Better than Kyo (weeaboos gonna hate)

I know he's a musical genious, and I freaking love some FNM songs, but two of my friends/class mates fuck about how awesome and uncomparable he is that everytime he crosses my mind it throws me off. I know it's childish, but srsly, these two folks talk so much about him it's annoying.

And I went to his last very concert with FNM, so I think that makes me awesome lol the way he asked to be spitted on was strangely exciting.

And I went to his last very concert with FNM, so I think that makes me awesome lol the way he asked to be spitted on was strangely exciting.

huh? where do you live?

Anyone else listened to the new Tomahawk album? Thoughts?

I'm only through my first listen. It had some good moments but overall not really feelin' it so far. It's nice and all, of course.

Just wanted to point out Mike Patton has a cameo in this new "Got a Girl" track. He provides background vocals on this lovely song!

His "mortadella" part about the sandwich is hilarious, haha.

Mr. Bungle, the experimental rock band consisting of Mike Patton, Trey Spruance, and Trevor Dunn, are reuniting for their first shows in nearly two decades. What’s more, they’ll be performing their 1986 demo tape, The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny, in full.

Patton, Spruance, and Dunn will be joined by special guests Scott Ian (Anthrax, S.O.D.) and Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Dead Cross) for a trio of shows taking place in early February. They’ll play the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles on February 7th, the Warfield in San Francisco on the 8th, and Brooklyn Steel in NYC on the 10th.
Tickets go on sale Friday, August 16th. A press release warns that “there will be no additional cities added to this itinerary.” 

(rest of info and some background on the whole thing here)

Damnnnnn, wish this wasn't only limited to three shows in the US. :-( 

Sign in to follow this