The general Metal discussion thread

^ Thx for the recommendation, gonna check it out later. The Melvins are pretty awesome, so it should be fun. :)

They have a new album out btw, yet to listen to it though (I rarely listen to them actually).

Ah, I love Borknagar! Haven't checked out Urd so far, the album before that, Universal, was good but it never really stuck with me. This sounds very good though, and I really like the video too.

Honestly this year has been kinda dreadful to me when it comes to metal, few good albums still, lately much in this band from Canada, their new album is just kickass:

uOn25Cr5DBA

Oh, I actually know this band, but I haven't listened to anything since Aurora borealis, which was reeased in 2006 or so. If they have something new I need to check that out!

New song from Voivod, from their upcoming (2013 January) album composed with new guitarist:

o6t1fKbVy6g

Reminds me a bit of their old-school stuff, nice!

Tracklist for the upcoming Anaal Nathrakh album Vanitas (release 2012/10/15) if anyone's interested:

01. Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus

02. In Coelo Quies. Tout Finis Ici Bas

03. Todos Somos Humanos

04. You Can’t Save Me, So Stop Fucking Trying

05. To Spite the Face

06. Make Glorious the Embrace of Saturn

07. Forging Towards the Sunset

08. Feeding the Beast

09. Of Fire, and Fucking Pigs

10. A Metaphor for the Dead

Also, I know it's not strictly metal (more like metalcore or mathcore or whatever), but anyone heard the new Converge album All We Love We Leave Behind? It's quite an excellent listen imo, although I only went through it once so far. Powerful stuff!

Honestly this year has been kinda dreadful to me when it comes to metal, few good albums still, lately much in this band from Canada, their new album is just kickass:

uOn25Cr5DBA

Finally got around to listen to this, and you're right, it's really great!

Also, I randomly found out yesterday that Rebellion has a new album out that I didn't even know about, although I really enjoyed their Iceland trilogy. Then I realized that the new album is a concept album about Arminius, a 1st century german chieftain who defeated a large roman army at the Teutoburg Forst, and I was one happy panda - me being originally from the Teutoburg Forest area. Even our soccer club is named after him.

Also, I love me some cheesy heavy/power metal with non-falsetto voices every now and then. :lol:

If anyone cares, the new Immolation album (Kingdom of Conspiracy) is a pretty okay effort. If you like regular, straight-up death metal I suggest giving it a shot. Nothing you haven't heard before but good for a 40-minute death-fix.

Also, mildly excited for the 2nd full album of 7 H.Target, titled Psy Slam Damage (release: May 16). They are a Russian technical/brutal death metal band, with a huge influence/love of cyberpunk movies (particularly the Tetsuo saga). Here's a taste:

The new Behemoth video's out today. This was a pleasant surprise. After the bands last three albums I had given up on the band as they are all beyond awful, but this song is actually qiote good. Best since their "Zos Kia Cultus (Here and Beyond)" days. I like how they're incorporating more black metal again. I hope the upcomming album can be an even bigger surprise.

The video ain't too bad either. A bit hit and miss, but especially the first half are great. Looking good too.

Hmmm not bad! :) I'm only an occasional Behemoth listener (and one who enjoys their latter work a bit more than the old stuff), but this sounded decent enough.

Returning to previous topic, I listened to the new Behemoth album -- it was alright but nothing special on first listen. Might try again later.

Anyway, just listening to the new Exmortus album now, and it's superb! Balls to the wall guitargasmic killer metal~ ♪

Strong 2014 AOTY contender already. (listen and/or buy here)

I've heard the new Behemoth 3-4 time now and I am very impressed. By far their best since Zos Kia Cultus, and I would not be surprised if it grows to become a lot better than ZKC as well. At times it makes me think of Satanica. The melodies and the black metal inspiration. Very satisfied!

I guess nobody here would ever go to Norway for a concert, but did anyone see this years Inferno Festival line up? By far the best they've ever had. Insane!

Bands I must see:

Deathhammer

Impiety

Mystifier

Vemod

Blasphemy

Mgla

Necros Christos

Sigh

Black Witchery

Bands I'll have a look at:

Dimmu Borgir

Hatebreed

Obliteration

Gehenna

Tulus

Rotting Christ

Watain

Oranssi Pazuzu

Nine bands I'll see for sure, and eight bands I'll have a look at, and if it's good I'll watch the whole set. If not, I'll go have ten beers and talk to people. Should be a great week for sure. Massive line up!