Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Rammstein

Rammstein.jpg

Rammstein is a German Neue Deutsche Härte band from Berlin, formed in 1994.The band consists of members Till Lindemann (lead vocals), Richard Z. Kruspe (lead guitar and backing vocals), Paul H. Landers (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Oliver "Ollie" Riedel (bass guitar), Christoph "Doom" Schneider (drums and electronic percussion) and Christian "Flake" Lorenz (keyboards).

Rammstein are widely accepted as part of the Neue Deutsche Härte scene, alongside bands such as Oomph!, Eisbrecher, and Die Krupps. Their songs are usually in German, but they have also performed songs entirely or partially in other languages such as English, Spanish, French and Russian. As of 2009, they have sold over 15 million records worldwide. Rammstein's entire catalogue is published by Universal Music Group. Since their formation in 1994, Rammstein has had no changes in their band line-up nor have any members left the band.

Rammstein takes their name indirectly from the German town of Ramstein-Miesenbach, the site of the flight show disaster on 28 August 1988. The band's signature song, "Rammstein", is a commemoration of the disaster. In a short period before the band became well known, they performed using the name "Rammstein-Flugschau" (literally meaning "Rammstein-Flightshow")

Rammstein - Du Hast(live)

fLp63WBV-Ic

I saw them live when they came to the states and they were awesome! I already love their music but their live shows are insane. Must be their signature use of pyrotechnics. I also really liked Liebe Ist Für Alle Da. Some stand out tracks for me where songs like Frühling in Paris and Mehr. Till had some powerful soaring vocals on those tracks.

I like Rammstein. Not a favourite band of mine, but both the old industrial albums and the new alternative metal/rock stuff are good. Ranges from amazing to mjeh, to be honest.

I really like them, good band with catchy songs and amazing live shows. Sadly, I only own a DVD, haven't attended one myself yet. Their latest album was pretty good too (compared to Rosenrot, which I didn't like much).

Rammstein is my favourite band in whole UNIVERSE , I own almost every album.

I saw them live @ Provinssirock and its kicks my ass

i have never seen a great pyromaniacs show beside Rammstein's shows. Twas fantastic.

And Till is so goddamn sexay.

Great albums too.

Oddly enough i went listening their Liebe Ich Fur Alle da album the other day and this topic was made. It feels almost unreal.

I never was a huge fan, though I did like some songs.... too bad that most of their lyrics are so excruciatingly stupid. Though it can be quite entertaining sometimes. XD

I never was a huge fan, though I did like some songs.... too bad that most of their lyrics are so excruciatingly stupid. Though it can be quite entertaining sometimes. XD

And here I thought thinking their lyrics meant something meaningful or poetic in German.

Well. They love to go for some "shock value", so quite a few of their songs are about stuff like sexual perversions and obsessions, incest, cannibalism, etc. Not saying that their songs are never meaningful, but I think sometimes they are just trying too hard to be controversial. Actually I would say that a lot of their songs are meaningful, but sometimes they have a very silly way to go about it, it's hard to explain. XD

Like, sometimes they have these weird lyrical constructions that apparently are only there to make it rhyme. The most famous example, which was a source of some sort of private meme between me and a friend of mine, is the song "Mutter" which has the lines: "In ihren Lungen wohnt ein Aal, auf meiner Stirn ein Muttermal" which literally translates to "In her lungs lives an eel, on my forehead there [is] a birth mark" - which doesn't make any sense at all, except that they apparently needed some word that rhymed with "Muttermal", and that worded ended up being "Aal" - eel. :lol:

I was somewhat aware of their tendency to write about dark subject matter like sexual perversion and cannibalism, but I see what you mean by weird lyrical construction. I guess they're not first band to force lyrics with no other purpose than to resolve a rhythm.

Still digging this band

BUT

Oomph wrote better lyrics than they did...unfortunately (they suck nowadays but that's another story)

Oomph! where never amazing. Not even close to listenable.

Oomph! where never amazing. Not even close to listenable.

Off-topic: says the guy who probably skipped their albums from 90s, rite? I agree on you with their recent suckage tho.

Back to the topic: I never cared that much for Rammstein's lyrics (compare the quality of them to Deg's own) but I still can't resist the bassy voice of Till...and of course, German is the most beautiful (western) language imho :)

Wish their recent albums wouldn't have been so...uninspired tho.

„Made In Germany 1995 – 2011"- Tour

11/06/2011 SK Bratislava Zimny Stadion Ondreja Nepelu

11/10/2011 HU Budapest Sportarena

11/12/2011 CZ Prague O2 Arena

11/14/2011 PL Gdanks/Sopot Ergo Arena

11/17/2011 D Leipzig Arena

11/20/2011 D Munich Olympiahalle

11/21/2011 D Friedrichshafen Rothaus Halle

11/23/2011 A Vienna Stadthalle

11/25/2011 D Berlin O2 World

11/28/2011 D Hamburg O2 World

11/29/2011 D Bremen Arena

12/01/2011 F Strasbourg Zénith

12/02/2011 LUX Luxembourg Rockhal

12/04/2011 D Düsseldorf ISS Dome

12/08/2011 D Frankfurt a. M. Festhalle

12/10/2011 D Stuttgart Schleyer-Halle

12/12/2011 CH Zurich Hallenstadion

If any Europeans are interested... :) (they're also releasing a best-of CD+DVD)

Posted this a few minutes ago but the forum ate it somehow... xD

„Made In Germany 1995 – 2011"- Tour

11/06/2011 SK Bratislava Zimny Stadion Ondreja Nepelu

11/10/2011 HU Budapest Sportarena

11/12/2011 CZ Prague O2 Arena

11/14/2011 PL Gdanks/Sopot Ergo Arena

11/17/2011 D Leipzig Arena

11/20/2011 D Munich Olympiahalle

11/21/2011 D Friedrichshafen Rothaus Halle

11/23/2011 A Vienna Stadthalle

11/25/2011 D Berlin O2 World

11/28/2011 D Hamburg O2 World

11/29/2011 D Bremen Arena

12/01/2011 F Strasbourg Zénith

12/02/2011 LUX Luxembourg Rockhal

12/04/2011 D Düsseldorf ISS Dome

12/08/2011 D Frankfurt a. M. Festhalle

12/10/2011 D Stuttgart Schleyer-Halle

12/12/2011 CH Zurich Hallenstadion

If any Europeans are interested... :) (they're also releasing a best-of CD+DVD)

i would wish for them for a new album actually.

But whatever, Mein Land is awesome!

Can't wait for the video.

I am going to purchase Made in Germany 1995-2011 for the DVD catalog, though.

Hope for them to do overseas tour by 2012

I think the only song I like by them is "Mutter." A lot of my friends at school told me to listen their new Spanish song because "OhMIGOD GERMANS SINGING IN SPANISH THIS IS SO ORIGINAL AND COOL LISTEN TO IT," with little embellishment, but I honestly cannot get into them at all.

Oh, and their other new song that explicitly states that it's about sex: that's apparently never been done before either.

What I know is that on the Made In Germany 1995 - 2011 will be one new track from recording LIFAD session, previously unreleased. And at the age of 50 Till wants to stop activities with Rammstein - by this time they wanted to record new album (by 2013, i suppose)

And here I thought thinking their lyrics meant something meaningful or poetic in German.

they do actually, but in a way that is really hard to understand when you're not German.

even with German as my mothertongue I need to listen several times to really, I mean REALLY, get the meaning, because there is ALWAYS more behind the lyrics than it sems first.

I love Rammstein. : 3

I grew up with them thanks to my dad. c:

I like some songs :D but I didn't listen to them properly (I mean searching for infos and translations). Even if I am not a fan (just a random listener), I think they're gonna be missed.

Their lyrics like most Industrial bands are dark, and deep and so many symbols

so you need to rack the brain a bit for understanding the real meaning.

I don't know, maybe this is just how Industrial scene are made of?

But they have been talking so many depressive stuffs and so many taboos

as their lyrical theme. Even with the song Pussy that sounded like a joke.

Sign in to follow this