Sign in to follow this  
Ito

WiiU

I feel that this console needs it's own new thread separate from E3 XD

wiiu.jpg

wiiu.jpg

Talk about weird. I am not sure about this new system at all, it feels like it will fall into the same category of gimmick that the wii eventually did.

On the plus side we did finally find out that we are getting 1080p graphics. Nothing was said about 5.1 or 7.1 that I know of. The graphics look to be pretty good, but we don't really know how good and if it will be better than that of the PS3's or 360's. We also found out that more third party developers will be supporting the will, most likely because of the improved graphics and dual analog sticks it will be far easier to port games over to the wiiu. So maybe Nintendo won't be left as far in the dust this time. Also, there is the price. There is no way that this system will be able to come out at a cheap price point, and the controllers themselves will most likely be fairly expensive.

What worries me the most is looking down when I am playing games. Let me explain why the screen on the controller seems pointless to me for a lot of reasons. I am playing Zelda and I want to switch items. So I go to my inventory by looking down at my controller. If I am in an action situation I am gunna want to pause anyway. If I am not I will just look down. But how is this any quicker or more efficient? If I had pressed pause I would already be there and I wouldn't have to take my head from the screen, which I think arguably lowers immersion.

I feel like I can say this with some bit of experience from my logitech keyboard (G15). It has an little screen on the top that normally displays stats when I am playing an FPS. Do I ever look down at it? No, it is faster just to press tab and look there than glace down, quickly read my stats, then look back up.

I reserve final judgment until I actually play the system, but man, I am really not sure about this one.

The thing I noticed I didn't like straight away is the analog sticks being above the d-pad and action buttons. That just feels wrong to me. And the size, of course. I only really liked the idea of it being able to play the same thing on the smaller screen if someone else was to want to watch TV. But at the same time, all my consoles, etc, are in my own room.

Really I don't think I'd get one unless it's an alright price (which yeah, I doubt) or it has some good exclusives.

don't like...

only one controller per system, so we still have to use the wiimote in offline multiplayer...

Graphics only slightly better than the PS3/X360 afaik...

HUGE ASS controller, doesn't seem all that nice to play with (it also must be pretty heavy for the longer runs)

It does have some nice features, but it doesn't show anything that could be more than awesome what Sony can't accomplice with the Vita if it's getting a similar approach with it's PS3 compatibility...

What would be awesome if there was some kind of horror-adventure coming in which you can use the controller as your POV while you keep walking forward, if you catch my drift :)

I didn't watch the conference, so this WiiU thing confuses me. Is the hand-held thing what you actually play on, or is the screen on the controller a supplement to what's going on on your TV? It honestly looks like you play whatever it is you're playing solely on that controller just having seen pictures of it. Agreed with Prism: 2 joysticks is okay a la ps1~3 , but that's because they're located where your thumbs are. Why is it all the way in Guam on this controller?

A lot of my FB friends are Nintendo fangirls (none of the people I'm referencing are male, actually) and were flipping shits at how cool this is / is going to be / nintendo forever / R.I.P. Rareware (alright, that last one is my own opinion :( ) / etc after watching the convention. Alternatively, several people feel that this, and the original Wii, is just a big gimmick. Not too important rant follows.

I personally don't mind the Wii: it's fun at family events, my little cousins play it with me, and I like Smash Bros, but other than that, a lot of the games seem like try-hard cash cows that exploit what the whole point of the Wii is (Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Cooking Mama extreme Death Match, Big Game Hunter 102 -Rednecks Still Buy This Shit-, and so on). Then other games have you turn the controller sideways and play like that without making use of the remote control features at all (Kirby's Epic Yarn, New Super Mario bros, etc)! I honestly don't know why Sony and Microsoft want in on this kind of system.

Oh wait, I do. This is something that your aunt, and you know exactly which aunt I'm talking about, would buy her kids, which would then make your parents think it's a good idea to get it too. They want in on the "That Aunt Who'd Buy This" market.

"What would be awesome if there was some kind of horror-adventure coming in which you can use the controller as your POV while you keep walking forward, if you catch my drift :)"

I'd buy it. There could be so much that could be potentially done but probably won't be :emo:

i don't get the controller, it seems not so practical.

plus it only can have one per console, not very good unless you're a sociopath.

But we'll see.

What would be awesome if there was some kind of horror-adventure coming in which you can use the controller as your POV while you keep walking forward, if you catch my drift :)

I bet next Fatal Frame will be for weeyu and will utilize the retarded controller in some way.

I still own the original Wii, But i'm not too sure on this one yet, I will probably wait a few months after release to buy it, and see what games are released with it at launch.

Sign in to follow this