Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

[FIN] Stratovarius

Stratovarius (a.k.a. Finnish Galneryus...no wait, Galneryus is Japanese Stratovarius :lol: )

Stratovarius_Introduction.jpg

wiki:

Stratovarius are a Finnish power metal band that formed in 1984. Since their formation they have released 13 studio albums and one live album. Along with Helloween, Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray, Stratovarius are considered one of the leading groups of the power metal and symphonic metal genre.

Lineup (current):

Timo Kotipelto Vocals

Jens Johansson Keyboards, Piano

Jörg Michael Drums

Lauri Porra Bass guitar

Matias Kupiainen Guitar

(missing you, Timo Tolkki (guitar, vocals, main composer) :( )

So yeah, I've listened to them a lil bit during the early 2000s when our *currently dead* youth culture programme played Hunting High and Low like 3 times a day - what a great era for metalheads out there

After their *major* suckage in self-titled album I decided to forget them once and for all...and went back to my "stratohabits" through my friend, who's a die-hard stratofan

Some favs:

LtyI8NN2MkM

0MNrsMAqTdE

k2uLSvT0ERM

PYLDL3_3LrY

cwjqUlR6eGo

(personally, i am not a big fan of their post-millenium songs)

fans around here?

Haters gonna hate, but I liked some of Elysium. And I liked Polaris at the time, but now I really can't be bothered with it. Certainly better than both the colossal messes that were the Elements albums (excluding the title track from the first one) and self-titled but definitely not up to the level of Infinite or Visions. I still enjoy listening to both of those every now and then.

Kotipelto should stop singing soon though. My god does he sound bad too often these days.

Not big fan of Stratovarius but I enjoy them Music , I like old and new albums

Sign in to follow this