Anyone else listen to the new single? It's.....well, it's out.

Pro tip: Save yourself a blinding and just listen to the audio.

Edited by ghost

1 hour ago, ghost said:

LMAO, same.

Well I'm not too hot on the song itself either but I guess it's not bad...? I'm missing some things to latch onto tho, like memorable lyrics or hooks. It's just kinda...there. Anyway, I'm still really really excited for the new album dropping on Sept.11, as it's always interesting to listen to new Manson no matter what (to me at least). Great cover art painting too.

14 hours ago, ghost said:

Anyone else listen to the new single? It's.....well, it's out.

Haha your comment got my curiosity so had to watch the video, and yep, probably one of the worst music videos I've ever seen. 😛

As for the song itself, I have to agree with the above comment really, nothing particularly special about it. I miss the old days of MM when it was pure bangers and actual chaos. Like this song is called "we are chaos" but the song is far from chaotic. haha.

18 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

LMAO, same.

Well I'm not too hot on the song itself either but I guess it's not bad...? I'm missing some things to latch onto tho, like memorable lyrics or hooks. It's just kinda...there. Anyway, I'm still really really excited for the new album dropping on Sept.11, as it's always interesting to listen to new Manson no matter what (to me at least). Great cover art painting too.

Yeah, I feel the same. It certainly far from his worst, but very average. Although, I will say I dig the production this time around. Say10 felt like it lacked some punch and didn't hit quite as hard as it could have. He'll probably have a few heavy hitters in there. At the very least, I feel like there's always 1-2 tracks that are really good.

Agreed on the album cover. It's up there with the triptych artwork for me. Glad he moved away from using a simple studio photo of himself (although Pale Emperors cover was pretty good)

5 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Haha your comment got my curiosity so had to watch the video, and yep, probably one of the worst music videos I've ever seen. 😛

As for the song itself, I have to agree with the above comment really, nothing particularly special about it. I miss the old days of MM when it was pure bangers and actual chaos. Like this song is called "we are chaos" but the song is far from chaotic. haha.

Haha isn't it just the most terrible things you've seen? 

His earlier work is definitely something special. Sadly, It's unlikely that we'll get anything like that now though considering he no longer works with those past members and just his stage of life. Say10 felt like it was trying to capture that same energy in some ways, but imo it just sounded tired and out of steam.

I enjoyed the surprise genre mixing going on in God's Gonna Cut You Down but I found We Are Chaos to be pretty disappointing tbh. It just sounds like a Rated-R version of a stereotypical 2010s indie rock song to me. But at the same time, I guess I enjoy that it feels like its own thing and not like he's trying desperately to recapture an old magic that has left him? It might grow on me, we'll see. I am interesting in that new album though.

To be honest I don't think it's that's bad. It sounds like the high end of low but with a bit of a bowie vibe to it. When his music isn't cringey I think it usually happens to be really good, and the new album seems serious so I am looking forward to it :) The music video is strange, but this is normal for him and I like the simple imagery he's been using past few years. 

1 hour ago, cinnymoncinder said:

To be honest I don't think it's that's bad. It sounds like the high end of low but with a bit of a bowie vibe to it.

Yeah I was getting a High End of Low vibe too kinda (too bad that's one of my least fave MM albums xD). Musically it's not bad, but the whole atmosphere and the repetitive lyrics are not what I was hoping for.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:21 PM, ghost said:

Haha isn't it just the most terrible things you've seen? 

His earlier work is definitely something special. Sadly, It's unlikely that we'll get anything like that now though considering he no longer works with those past members and just his stage of life. Say10 felt like it was trying to capture that same energy in some ways, but imo it just sounded tired and out of steam.

Yeah, I really don't get how it got approved to be released... lol. Especially when he has had some pretty awesome videos in the past, why make something worse? Maybe a budget thing?

And yeah, agree with all that tbh. Sad times really, but guess we can still enjoy the classic albums so isn't all bad!

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the new album so far? I still have to listen to it a couple of times, but overall it's lookin' pretty positive.

I don't like it. It is unlistenable to me. 

He is becoming so basic these days. That song he did some time ago with Avril will never be forgiven. And this album is another offering that shows that basicness. I can't feel any aggresion and purity from him and his music anymore. Those were the part that makes it interesting for me. His "bangers" these days were always so luke warm now, it barely punches. 

No doubt, he is a changed man, and I won't put it against him. I have hoped he would get his second wind, but at this point, I guess this is the part where I really consider to stop following his career anymore as I don't feel anything left for me anymore.

This is just my opinion but it's just okay... Like @LIDL said, it sounds kinda tired and washed out. I can barely get through a few songs, it's just not engaging in the slightest. Like I said earlier, it's nice that Manson isn't trying to be something he's not, but it's a shame that the magic he had all those years ago isn't with him anymore.

I was excited for the new album but tbh it was a real let down, that's my final verdict. IDK if it'll grow on me, but usually only music with glaring flaws/so bad it's good elements grow on me, I usually never revisit mediocre stuff because I easily forget about it...

I like it better than Heaven Upside Down. But like others have said, it's lacking a bit in the composition department. The vision and tone is clear from start to finish but it lacks catchy hooks or good riffs. Fairly paint by numbers aside from a few memorable passages. I like the production on this though. Gives me a vibe somewhere between Mechanial Animals, Born Villain and The Pale Emperor. 

The Pale Emperor is the stick that I measure new Manson albums by. I enjoy it as much as the triptych and felt it marked a good new direction. You could still hear the fire in his performance even if the songs were more laid back and slower. We Are Chaos feels like a more natural progression from TPE than Heaven Upside Down but sounds like it's missing that passion from Manson. He pretty much delivers his lines the same way throughout the entire album (excluding "Broken Needle" which I think he actually performs quite well in). Sidenote, kinda reminds me of  "Coma White" from Mechanial Animals.

I think this is a well produced album with a pleasing sonic palette but ultimately brought down by Manson's lackluster performance.  Highlights for me are "Paint You With My Love" "Infinite Darkness" "Perfume" "Keep My Head Together" and "Broken Needle". 

Edited by ghost

I've had a bit more time to digest the album now, overall I'm quite pleased with it. It has small nods to Manson's previous stuff but not in an in-your-face annoying way, only certain motives for a few seconds, which I thought was neat. The tracks flow together extremely well too, making for a pretty seamless listening experience. He hit the nail on the head when he described it as "a wax museum of [his] thoughts".

I enjoyed most of the songs too, or at least I can appreciate how there's no sore thumb among them. I'm not too crazy about the title track and "Paint You with My Love" but everything else is either good or great. The acoustic bonus tracks are kinda lame tho, since they chose the two songs that were already heavily unplugged-sounding so it doesn't really make any difference this way... But that's my only "major issue", lol.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I mlss the manson times when he was the glam metal icon in times where the  aesthetic concept fall down.

Manson was a menace to the system  dont forget when  his website was banned from the u.s schools

Last albums are almost more pop orientation