2 Jigsaw9

that damn booklet only says, 'Lyrics on bornvillain.com.'

I mean WHAT. a softer way to say, 'fuck off, you filthy prick', so to speak :)

2 Mister Svperstar

yep, already burned a CD-R to give it a proper listen in my glorious Lexus RX-300 :)

so far so good. first two tracks left nothing as for now.

Overneath thingy is somewhat pretty much cool.

a-song-with-that-spoken-part is cool, too.

About the lyrics, i thought it was leaked months ago?

I have it since the middle of April tbh. :shock:

Probably an album that i will heavily played on my music player for next few weeks.

About the lyrics, i thought it was leaked months ago?

Well yeah, but not intentionally/officially, so to speak. :lol: Would've been nice to hold it in my hands while listening to the album on my stereo.

Anyway, downloading it right now like there's no tomorrow! :mrgreen:

^ Weird, none of the lyrics show up for me. :? When I click on a song title it just shows the album tracklist on the right and the song title on the left with a big empty space below it, lol. xD

^ Maybe it leaked accidentally and they removed it soon after, but not soon enough, haha (but yeah, I saw some tumblr posts back in early April with some lyrics). Found the lyrics meanwhile on AZLyrics, they seem to be pretty accurate, more or less.

Anyway, just through my first listen! It'll have to sink in but it's pretty okay/consistent (though some stuff gets a bit repetitive). Will listen to it a lot more of course, when I have the time. But seems like a good job overall. :)

Just finished my first listen! It's a pretty great album and it beat THEOL for me by far.

Favourite tracks:

Pistol Whipped

Breaking the Same Old Ground

Hey, Cruel World

Least favourite tracks:

The Flowers of Evil

Children of Cain

Well i got the lyrics from pastebin, a friend from Lady Gaga forum share that with me.

It was here http://pastebin.com/cnYgdrAn

But it's gone when i try to reload. It's the earliest leak for lyrics.

Even before the website update.

Oh, also,

Has anyone seen the "hidden" pics on his new site layout? There's like two Elvis ones, Hitler, a Micheal Jackson one, a pic of a pig getting its throat slit, and I could've sworn I saw one of Mark Foster from Foster the People too. :mrgreen: There's plenty more on there though.

Listening to the album for the third time now, it's a pretty solid release, I'm happy. ^^ These are the highlights so far:

- Hey, Cruel World...: awesome opener! I like how it gradually builds up aggression/energy.

- Pistol Whipped: there's something about this song that's really addictive, lovin' the big contrasts between the verses and chorus.

- Overneath the Path of Misery: can't get enough of this, so raw/visceral! A definite improvement on the trailer version.

- Slo-Mo-Tion: the overall oozy feeling is awesome, as is Manson's weird vocals, haha.

- Children of Cain: great atmosphere, epic chorus! I love that angsty part towards the end when it's almost just Manson singing/talking.

- Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms: whoah, Twiggy does blues-metal! Nice and sleazy, almost reminds me of doom/stoner metal at times.

- Born Villain: this would've been an awesome closer, such a perfect little song with lots of layers!

Disengaged and Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day are pretty good too, I feel like they're really gonna grow on me. I find the other songs kinda average but each of them has some good moments basically. I especially love how cohesive and unifying the whole sound is. I can't compare it to other Manson albums, it feels like he used some characteristic bits and pieces from everywhere, then put it into this totally new feeling (if that makes sense xD). Impressive album!

edit: oh and about the bonus track - I found it totally unnecessary, it's nothing special (and not really "Manson-like" at all).

seems like I need some time to dig into this release.

still I came up with my personal favorites: Overneath The Path Of Misery, Slo-Mo-Tion and Born Villain.

I don't like Hey, Cruel World, The Flowers Of Evil and Children Of Cain.

keep listening..

so the US tour has started today with a show in Providence, RI that has just ended.

setlist was:

01. Hey, Cruel World...

02. Disposable Teens

03. The Love Song

04. No Reflection

05. mOBSCENE

06. The Dope Show

07. Slo-Mo-Tion

08. Rock Is Dead

09. Personal Jesus

10. Pistol Whipped

11. Tourniquet

12. Irresponsible Hate Anthem

13. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)

14. Antichrist Superstar

15. The Beautiful People

Antichrist Superstar is back with a huge podium. no Bible tearing this time since he just knocked it off podium.

Looks like he was in pretty good form this time. Some random vids:

Hey, Cruel World.../Disposable Teens

eQp4ibPKKU4

Personal Jesus/Pistol Whipped (complete with 10-sec guitar solo played by Manson, lol)

t6c5q0cIkfg

Slo-mo-tion (lol at Twiggy's backing vocals xD)

gM1JZxkFadQ

Antichrist Superstar

C-bi2V5mY6E