LIDL

i cant stand this season to the point I'm just skiming the episodes.  

Might I ask what you find disappointing about the new season? As in, what aspects are boring for you? I personally am really enjoying it, apart from some pacing issues. The new antagonist is fantastic though, probably my favourite yet!

Might I ask what you find disappointing about the new season? As in, what aspects are boring for you? I personally am really enjoying it, apart from some pacing issues. The new antagonist is fantastic though, probably my favourite yet!

The only pacing issue of mine is that it took so long for Korra to heal. IMO, the healing sub arc should have taken place after season one. Korra should not have gotten her bending back immediately and should struggled to reconcile her physical and spiritual sides in order to unlock her bending again. Considering how slow season two was (we even got a two episode filler about the history of Won because there was so much nothing going on), this would have fit right in.

The fact that Korra is always "healing" from something she struggled with the last season is getting old. It makes perfect sense in this context and we got a Bei Fong out of it so I'm cool with it. I feel like seasons 3 and 4 are what seasons 1 and 2 should have been all along, because they're revisiting ideas but tweaking them with minor improvements.

Also, Kuvira is the closest antagonist to the Fire Lord in more ways than one. It really brings back the vibe from ATLA in a way no other enemy so far was really able to do. Amon was pretty cool overall but is dead. Unilock was more boring than they built him up to be and is also dead. Zaheer and his crew were pretty awesome but most of them are dead now. I'd like to see Korra solve a problem without having to kill someone.

As much as Zhu Li and Varrick were a good....team, Bolin and Varrick work together so well! 

It's fun to see them interact with each other.

I won't spoil anything, but what the heck with that ending!

Like I've never seen that before........

I mean it makes sense but.......you know....

giphy.gif
with the new episode.

After all the action in the previous episode, I wanted to see what happens next!

Why do we need an entire episode recapping the events of all 4 seasons???

I especially don't care about Mako's relationship problems.

I get that this was sort of supposed to be the "Ember Island Players" of Korra, but, unlike said episode, all they did was take past clips and put them together (for the most part).

I'd be more okay with the idea if the season was longer, but with only 13 episodes it feels like a wasted episode.

Varrick/Bolin's part was great though. If they had done something like that for everyone, this would have been a lot more forgivable.

Now we gotta wait another whole week to watch the story progress! Why you gotta DO THAT!?

This is why:

PLEASE READ

From Bryan's tumblr:

"A few preemptive words about Episode 408, “Remembrances”…

In a couple hours the eighth chapter of Korra Book 4 will be released online, and I suppose, if you are none the wiser, a few minutes into it you will feel duped and yell at your screen, “Hey! This is a crummy clips episode!” And that is (almost) exactly what it is––except we all worked really hard to make sure at the very least it isn’t crummy. I’m here to explain why we ended up having to do one. Sometime around a year and a half ago we were similarly duped on a large scale. We got the news from the higher-ups that our Book 4 budget was getting slashed, almost to the tune of an entire episode’s budget. We had two options: 1) let go a significant number of crew members several weeks early, or 2) make a clips episode. We never considered the first option. We weren’t going to do that to our crew, and even if we were callous enough to do so, we never would have been able to finish the season without them. But having grown up on TV in the ’80s and ’90s, we all dread clips episodes, where characters sit around saying, “Remember that time when…” and leftover footage is reheated for no one’s enjoyment. Anyone who suffered through TNG’s “Shades of Gray” knows what I’m talking about.

Anime fans know this is a common occurrence in Japanese series as well. In fact, as Mike hung his head in disappointment at our fate, I remembered how one of my favorite anime series, Samurai Champloo, made what I thought was a really awesome and clever clips episode. They mixed about 5 minutes of new footage in with the old, and set up a context where the characters would be reflecting on past events while narrating over them, offering new insights or at least providing some humor. I pitched this angle to Mike and he agreed this was the best way to turn this big old lemon into some lemonade.

Back on Avatar, we had something that functioned as a sort of clips episode, though it was all new animation and really hard to make, Episode 317, “The Ember Island Players.” Our heroes went to a play where they saw themselves and their tales performed by actors on stage. It was simultaneously a reckoning for the characters before they headed into the denouement, and a lighthearted romp where we got to poke fun at our own show before things got really serious in the remaining episodes. Korra’s “Remembrances” ended up serving the same function, albeit with old footage instead of a newly animated play. There is about 5 minutes of new footage, wonderfully animated by Studio Mir, and a bunch of funny and touching narration from the characters. There are also some fun chibi heads and other treats in there to spice up the old footage.

What started out as a reluctant chore ended up being a really fun episode to make, and in the end I truly love it. Mike did an awesome job directing it and storyboarding all the chibi hilarity, as well as overseeing the wonderful script by Josh Hamilton, Katie Mattila, and Tim Hedrick. Joaquim Dos Santos, Ryu Ki Hyun, and Lauren Montgomery drew fantastic storyboards for the new footage (particularly Lauren’s insane Varrick posing). Lots of other folks worked their tails off on this one, namely Amaris Calvin, our animatics editor; Christie Tseng, our character designer who drew and colored all of the final chibi art; Matt Gadbois, our After Effects editor; and Chris Hink, our final picture editor. Last but not least, Aran Tanchum and Vinny Guisetti on foley, Benjamin Wynn on sound design, and a stellar new score with all your favorite hits by Jeremy Zuckerman. And plenty of other fine folks I’m forgetting!

So now you know what it is and why it happened. I hope you do end up enjoying it after all, especially as a last lighthearted, nostalgic romp before POOP. GETS. REAL. And then the series is done.

Love, Bryan"

That explains everything thanks.

It really sucks though that the only thing bringing the series down is Nick.

Legend of Korra has been great, but, because of having to hurdle over different obstacles, I feel like the series had to make a lot of compromises. 

No doubt that Mike and Bryan can make an amazing show, but that Nick. Dang.

lmao pmp that recap ep. how do you fall down from being so good. and its the last season too.

Zess just explained that they did this episode because of budget cuts they got from Nickelodeon. it was either fire half of their staff or do a recap episode. Obviously they went with the recap episode.

Zess just explained that they did this episode because of budget cuts they got from Nickelodeon. it was either fire half of their staff or do a recap episode. Obviously they went with the recap episode.

....... no comment

"YOU GIVE METALBENDERS A BAD NAME".

Even Kuvira knows not to fuck with the original Beifong :'D

I bet Toph could suffocate her in her uniform if she felt like it. She's not only the best earth bender that ever lived, she's the first metal bender too. Kuvira wants no parts of that.

A gem I found about next week's episode:

tumblr_ng5c72um8N1rynzezo1_1280.png

tumblr_ng5c72um8N1rynzezo2_1280.png

tbqh I don't think Kuvira ever cared for Bataar Jr. His position as eldest son of the Matriarch of Zao Fu just gave her a tactical and political advantage.

After having watched the latest episode, I just can't contain all the feels. :'D

tumblr_inline_ng5v2fO1Gt1rkvvqb.gif

Here's one interesting post on tumblr that pertains to the most memorable scene in which the original Beifong told Kuvira (to quote a point I absolutely agree with) her existence was a disgrace to something she worked so hard to achieve.

http://kuvirsass.tumblr.com/post/104403807820/you-give-metalbenders-a-bad-name-all-joking

Being crushed under pressure from metal would be excruciating pain!

I can see that. 

The bottom expression says it all.

Jr.'s heart will be broken at 12:17 PM.

Interesting post : O

SPOILERS BENEATH THE CUT FOR EPISODE 11!

Well I guess the wedding between Bataar Jr. and Kuvira is cancelled :'DDDDDDD I knew Kuvira didn't care about Bataar, it was pretty obvious she picked him because he was the first son of Zao Fu's matriarch. I hope Bataar will actually help now that he's seen that his fiancee doesn't give a shit about him.

After two days marathoning ALoK, my conclusion is season 3 was the best...

Great villains, great story.

Too bad, Bolin still can't defeat the lava guy alone, even after got lavabending.

The best thing happened in season 4 was the original Beifong.

yaasss! I'm so happy it ended like that, but so sad that we're probably never gonna see another Avatar :'(

I cried like a total of four times lmao. Basically when:

• Hiroshi Sato died
  • I thought Mako would die because of the lightning shocks (that was so badass tho holy shit)
  • Kuvira basically admitted that she was thrown out by her parents because they didn't care about her (zelda williams did such a good job wow)
  • Korra and Asami ending up together

the final was ok, kinda cheesy/nothing new. reminded me of Justice leuge and the incredibles. also just noticed but is the fighting stances influenced by mortal kombat? overall not counting this show as one the best non-adult cartoons because of the last season. was not feeling it. 

disapointed that bo didn't lava bend more.

and they had to do a dbz superexplosive wave.