Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

So epic it needs its own thread.

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Top.jpg

i6JTvzrpBy0

Used to plug in hours and days of gameplay a couple of years back. I don't have that much time for games now but this is so a game I'm getting. Along with gears of war 3. Haven't picked up a copy just yet.

Got it a couple days ago. Actually I'm playing it right now as I type this :D but yea I'ts awesome, really into it. I've barely been able to put it down. The main mechanic that I love the most is the entire freedom to do whichever play style you feel is the best suited for yourself and based on your actions have it change the outcome of the quest, or affect the story and the world itself. Pretty much it works as it was advertised to work which is an awesome thing because when i first seen it in action in some of those Dev. trailers I had my doubts about whether or not they were gonna be able to pull it off. Basically I can see my self doing quite a few playthroughs before getting tired of it.

Got it a couple days ago. Actually I'm playing it right now as I type this :D but yea I'ts awesome, really into it. I've barely been able to put it down. The main mechanic that I love the most is the entire freedom to do whichever play style you feel is the best suited for yourself and based on your actions have it change the outcome of the quest, or affect the story and the world itself. Pretty much it works as it was advertised to work which is an awesome thing because when i first seen it in action in some of those Dev. trailers I had my doubts about whether or not they were gonna be able to pull it off. Basically I can see my self doing quite a few playthroughs before getting tired of it.

That sounds great. Can't wait to start this.

btw seems you forgot putting the [games] tag though :mrgreen:

i thought this was a movie before.

I forget sometimes. Fixed.

GOTY, ALL OTHERS ARE FUTILE.

I got this shit the day of release and it is the most amazing game I've played this year. My two-ish month long pre-order wait was totally worth it.

Also, I swear to god Elias Toufexis (the voice of Jensen) thinks I'm stalking him because I follow him around at FanExpo. Seriously, no word of a lie I'm so addicted to this game it's not even funny. I've put 45+ hours into ONE playthrough. I'm almost 100% sure I spoke to every NPC.

In essence it is very, very similar to the original which is why this game soars. But the only downside to this game is the fact they used a outdated (yet reliable) game engine when they chose Crystal Dynamics Crystal Engine and the AI can be dumb as shit sometimes. Like if I climb a ladder when I've triggered hostilities or an alarm the AI just look for a few seconds then roam away, HERPDERP WE NO CLIMB LADDURS.

Still, great game.

Just got it and its amazing, why oh why did i not get this sooner...

Same, got it last month and loved it, reminds me of Metal Gear Solid's gameplay.

After actually playing this, this was easily one my favorite games of 2011. Sadly it seems most people either forgot about it or overlooked it after the storm of game releases during the last couple of months of last year. With only a handful of flaws, it's almost perfect.

Awesome storyline, characters, graphic's and gameplay. And a staple release for the cyberpunk genre.

If they ever make another GITS game, I expect it to be in an epic dark world as this one.

Sign in to follow this